Restrained Love Viewer (RLV)

lord

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Marine's: RLV 2.9.23.2
Heya,

Here is the latest version of the RLV with many bug fixes (including a very annoying one about Bento attachments that deform in goofy ways), and up-to-date with the latest code from Linden Lab.

Here is the list of changes, I'll develop a little on a couple of them after that :

- fixed : While wearing a Bento-compatible attachment and detaching something else, the Bento attachment could get deformed. The fix is not really a fix but a workaround that resets the skeleton when receiving an appearance update message, which also solves other similar problems with attachments that deform the skeleton (Bento or not).

- fixed : When under @unsharedunwear, we couldn't detach clothes or physics even when they were in the #RLV folder.

- fixed : When @showinv is active, there was a way to get access to the inventory anyway (or rather a view of it) (thank you riejinno for the heads-up).

- fixed : @shownames_sec did not work at all (thank you Keiyra Aeon for the report).

- fixed : "Zoom In" defeated @camunlock (thank you riejinno for the heads-up).

- fixed : When blocked from changing group, being invited to a group changed to the new group anyway. The fix for this is to not allow to join a new group when under @setgroup, because otherwise the change is dictated by the server (thank you Aida Beorn for the report).

- fixed : When under @showloc, there was a way to still get the information about where we were (thank you riejinno for the heads-up).

- fixed : @shownames broke urls with spaces in them (thank you Chorazin Allen for the heads-up).

- fixed : When someone else wore a HUD imitating their name, when that HUD was speaking we would not see the chat in white as if it were a regular attachment (thank you sungim for the report).

- fixed : When under @sendim, don't allow attaching custom messages to payments (thank you riejinno for the heads-up).

- fixed : When under @recvim, don't allow seeing custom messages attached to received payments (thank you riejinno for the heads-up).

- fixed : When sitting and under @sittp or @standtp, don't allow moving the object we are sitting on, and only it (it used to be any object that anyone was sitting on, which was confusing).

The Bento bug was the worst one to track and fix, and the fix is not really one. The problem was when wearing at least one Bento attachment (like the VaJayJay vagina) and something else, and detaching that something else.

If that other attachment was not a HUD, not only you but any observer using the RLV would see the Bento attachment become stretched beyond reasonable, vertices going all over the place. If it was a HUD, only you saw the issue.

This bug occurs only in the RLV and any viewer that uses my code, so there is a good chance that it comes from a mistake of mine... but at the same time, it could come from another source. I've never actually found the real cause of this problem and not wanting to spend a week tracking it, I decided to code a workaround, something to fix the consequences of the bug instead of the bug itself. I know it's bad. Please don't tell anyone. But at least it works.

The "fix" is to force a "Reset Skeleton" action on the avatar that has just detached an object once the detach is confirmed by the sim... and that's it. It may actually also "fix" other problems like attachments that deform your skeleton in the first place.

About the @setgroup issue, for now it prevents you from joining a group (don't worry, it cancels the join before you pay so you don't lose money), but I know it is not ideal. I will keep working on it in the future and try to automatically switch back to the old group when joining the new one so you don't waste time.

One last thing, this viewer is the "hardcore" version of it, because over the past few months, the feedback I got was overwhelmingly in favor of it (like 10 against 1). So I pretty much think I'll take the hardcore route now.

You can grab the Windows version here :
http://www.erestraints.com/realrestraint/

If the link above doesn't work, here is an alternate one :
Dropbox - RLV - Simplify your life

The MD5 hash for the Windows executable is :
7f55ef493497cfd38b77ceaf111b523b

Have fun !
Marine

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Robert Jung
SL Rez
Joined SLU
RLV update, as per Marine Kelley:

Thursday, December 13, 2018

RLV 2.9.24.1

Hi,

Here is the latest version of the RLV with a few bug fixes, including one that is necessary for the upcoming update to v1.31 of the RealRestraints products (once my connection is back to normal, because this week "flaky and unreliable" does not begin to qualify it).

Here is the list of changes :

- fixed : Treat OOC chat messages -- those with "((" and "))" -- like any other chat messages (they used to go through any RLV restriction, then were always blocked even without any restriction at all). This is the fix you will need for RR v1.31 once it's out.

- fixed : When an object speaks and its name ends with " Resident" (with a space), assume it is trying to imitate the name of an avatar and remove the " Resident" part.

- fixed : When selecting any other Windlight setting than "Use Region Settings", then going back to "Use Region Settings", the tick would not go back to this menu item.

- fixed : @recvchat would not prevent chat messages like "test /me tests" from showing, because of the part before "/me".

Restrained Life Viewer

a55541fb9de027dfae91befe9d5c4d69

Have fun !
Marine

• 2Thanks
Reactions: lord and Robert Jung

lord

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
RLV Viewer Update, as per Marine Kelley:
RLV 2.9.25.3
Hi,

There's an oops in RLV 2.9.25.2, the RestrainedLoveHeadMouselookRenderRigged debug setting wasn't updated at startup so it was always set to FALSE until you set it to TRUE... during each session. Sorry about that. it now correctly reads the debug setting value which is persistent across sessions.

Restrained Life Viewer

30d6eef1d3d6649fb225c238e6aba764

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Marine

SL Rez
Joined SLU

RLV 2.9.24.1

Hi,

Here is the latest version of the RLV with a few bug fixes, including one that is necessary for the upcoming update to v1.31 of the RealRestraints products (once my connection is back to normal, because this week "flaky and unreliable" does not begin to qualify it).

- fixed : Treat OOC chat messages -- those with "((" and "))" -- like any other chat messages (they used to go through any RLV restriction, then were always blocked even without any restriction at all). This is the fix you will need for RR v1.31 once it's out.

- fixed : When an object speaks and its name ends with " Resident" (with a space), assume it is trying to imitate the name of an avatar and remove the " Resident" part.

- fixed : When selecting any other Windlight setting than "Use Region Settings", then going back to "Use Region Settings", the tick would not go back to this menu item.

- fixed : @recvchat would not prevent chat messages like "test /me tests" from showing, because of the part before "/me".

Restrained Life Viewer

Have fun !
Marine

lord

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

RLV 2.9.24.1

Hi,

Restrained Life Viewer

Have fun !
Marine
This is an older version as previously reported.

SL Rez
Joined SLU
New RLV Update, as per Marine Kelley:

Thursday, February 21, 2019

RLV 2.9.26

Hi there,

This week I was in a "fix the damn annoying bugs already" kind of mood. So that's exactly what I did with the RLV, in particular with the rendering part of the vision restriction features.

Because I couldn't stand this anymore :

Your silhouette is painting over my body !

Nor this :

What's the deal with my transparent curtains and shadows turning opaque and very shiny when my vision is restricted ??

So I looked into it and after some significant changes (because those annoyances above were not actually bugs, but side-effects of the way I used to render the vision spheres and all the features that came with them, in particular how to prevent alpha surfaces from poking through said spheres), now I'm happy to say those two quirks are fixed !

See for yourself :

Now your silhouette stops doing weird things to my body.

And the curtains look like curtains even when my vision is restricted (which is why it is black outside).

So those two changes above are some of the "annoying bugs" that needed fixin'.

There's also a nice side-effect to this change, which you notice when you press Ctrl Alt T to highlight transparent surfaces in red. Before this version, you had to press Ctrl Alt Shift V to force a complete visual refresh of all the objects around you to make sure all the transparent surfaces were highlighted. This was due to when the faces were registered. Now, you no longer have to do that because the change is immediate.

But that's not all.

How many times did you ruin a perfect shot by clicking on your own avatar, making it turn its back to the camera while you meant to click on one of your attachments instead ?

And how many times did you try to steer your avatar with your mouse but had a hard time finding a good spot to click on (especially when your name tag is hidden) because you are wearing so much unrigged stuff ?

Now there is a new debug setting named "RestrainedLoveBreakFocusOnClick" (I didn't find anything longer and more difficult to remember sorry) that is TRUE by default to keep in line with the usual behavior, but if you turn it to FALSE, two things happen :

- Clicking on your avatar no longer switches back to mouse-steering mode unless you press Shift.
- Clicking on your avatar or any of your attachments while Shift is down switches back to mouse-steering mode, regardless of whether the attachment has a touch response or not, and it works through HUDs too (which is great if you're wearing a HUD that takes a lot of space on your screen, like a blindfold, a RemVision screen or whatever).

To change the value of "RestrainedLoveBreakFocusOnClick", simply open the Advanced menu (press Ctrl Alt D if you don't see it), go to "Debug Settings", paste "RestrainedLoveBreakFocusOnClick" in the white field then click on "FALSE", and that's it. I'll add a preference for it later if I can because it is a bit buried right now.

Speaking of debug setting, you might have noticed that when "Show Debug Messages" was active in the RLV menu, getting a lot of RLV commands at the same time would slow your viewer down to a crawl until the flow of commands stops. This was due to the viewer sending a lot of debug traces in the console at the same time.

Now, with the new "RestrainedLoveLogging" debug setting, the debug traces are only sent to the console when it is set to TRUE (it is FALSE by default), so no more slowdown when "Show Debug Messages" is active. This is actually Chorazin Allen's work on Kokua, all I did was take his changes and integrate them into the RLV itself. Thanks Chorazin !

Finally, there was a bug that made the viewer crash when receiving a @getstatusall and being under a ton of RLV restrictions. It took some time to fix and test, but I'm confident it won't be a problem anymore now.

No need to paste the changelist here, it basically repeats all that I have explained above.

Restrained Life Viewer

fc7528c436fa981a025c58ce198df1a5

Have fun !
Marine

PS : If you experience trouble with disappearing HUDs (for example the Lelutka minimized button) or parts of HUDs, please download again. I have ninja-updated the RLV 2.9.26 twice since its release without increasing the version number because I had to urgently remove a little optimization right before going to bed, then worked a little more and re-added it (with an additional check) the morning after. And I didn't want to increase the version or send a group notice twice while doing it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
For information, the MD5 hash of the initial version (with the bug) was 0350b5f406ff48f154f475ea9532d59b and the one of the second version (without the optimization) was 8262fc9c5e23ebc8642796150fa9a314.

• 1Like
Reactions: lord
SL Rez
Joined SLU
New RLV update, as per Marine Kelley:

RLV 2.9.26.1

Hi,

Here is a new version of the RLV with even more bug fixes, including for the infamous "attachment loss after teleport" bug, and for that one I'm far from being alone to work on it.

I took Henri Beauchamp's fix (with his permission, thank you Henri) as well as Chorazin Allen's integration of the fix from Firestorm into Kokua (with his permission too, thank you Chorazin, and of course thank you Ansariel and Kitty for working on it in the first place), added them to my own (introduced in RLV 2.9.25 and a little more in 2.9.26), shook the whole cocktail a little and voila.

I've tested and seen this bug occur with each fix taken separately, sometimes an attachment would go past Henri's fix, some other times it would go past Ansariel's fix. Even with two of them in the code, sometimes an attachment would go past both fixes one after the other (it was rarer, but it happened).

But with all of them I have yet to experience one attachment loss, and I TP a lot with a lot of attachments on my avatar, so yay ! Well I hope yay. In any case, it seems a lot more stable than before, so let's hope this bug is finally behind us now.

There was also a small bug introduced in RLV 2.9.26, well it's not really a bug but a side effect of one of the fixes mentioned above, which would make Bento-rigged attachments using animations containing bone displacement (for example neko ears) revert back to their original locations after a teleport and even a rebake wouldn't fix it. This should be fixed by the fixes mentioned above, but I have still seen it happen in this version, albeit very rarely. If this happens to you, press Ctrl Alt T twice (that shortcut highlights invisible surfaces in red) and it seems to fix it. I don't know why yet, but at least we have that option. Also the bug was only seen in local, other people would not see it, and so is the fix.

Lastly, I have added three useful shortcuts for builders :

- Alt+S to return to the standard Move tool (it also deactivate Edit Linked and selects the whole object, otherwise the selection would look weird).
- Alt+X to select by face.
- Alt+C to switch to Qarl Linden's Align tool.

Speaking of Qarl's Align tool, I have reinstated it in the Edit window, something I forgot to do in 2.9.26. The code was there but the UI file did not contain the "Align" entry, sorry about that.

Restrained Life Viewer

eac265ca376bfc75e664888627852820

Have fun !
Marine

• 1Like

lord

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
RLV 2.9.26.2

Hi there,

Here is a new version of the RLV with more bug fixes and the inclusion of the latest version of the SL viewer's codebase (including a fix for one of its own bugs).

The highlight of this version is a fix for a very annoying bug that occurs only in certain places like ColdLogic Neve, where you can't see some of the alpha-blended prims because their first faces are invisible. This was due to the graphics optimization that completely ignores the rendering of any invisible surface.

Another highlight of this version is the optimization of the vision restriction spheres. Now, when the outer sphere is opaque or almost (99% alpha or more), then the avatars beyond it are rendered as if they were too complex, in other words as their gummy bear versions (but you won't see it due to the outer sphere being in the way). This speeds up the rendering a great deal and helps in busy places like DeLust.

Also thanks to Kitty Barnett, we can now receive deliveries from objects while offline again because this version of the viewer uses the legacy method of retrieving offline messages instead of the new sim capability which doesn't seem to work well.

Restrained Life Viewer

8972f18ee9789287f8b044b5821bcf47

Have fun !
Marine

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Tuesday, August 20, 2019

RLV 2.9.26.3

Hi !

Here is a new version of the RLV, a little in a rush because more and more people seemed to be impacted by the "gamma corruption" bug that crept into the SL viewer a few months ago.

This is a fix by Linden Lab for the SL viewer, I merely merged it into the RLV, hopefully this will fix the issue. It never happened to me, though, so I can't be sure, but I hope it will work for you.

Another change takes place when your vision is restricted with the outer sphere opaque, other avatars will no longer appear as gummy bears (aka jelly dolls) when close to the vision range, but 2 m farther than that, because this feature is meant to be an optimization to accelerate the rendering, not to be seen by the user at all. Please note that I completely forgot to mention that in the release notes, my bad.

I also switched the sound support from FMODex to FMODStudio, but this doesn't make a noticeable difference at least for me. Thanks to Chorazin Allen and Nicky Perian for letting me use their code from Kokua.

One last thing. Chorazin Allen is for the moment publishing the RLV on Mac and Linux (and also Windows but that's because this is his primary platform) on top of maintaining Kokua, taking the relay from Kittin Ninetail because her RL did not allow her to do it anymore. Thanks Chorazin !

Restrained Life Viewer

cde9e97cf612e1d34c081ffde9c82dc1

The Mac and Linux versions can be found here :
Kokua viewer - Browse /RLV at SourceForge.net

Have fun !
Marine

Posted by Marine Kelley at 7:19 AM

Labels: RestrainedLife

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Thursday, August 29, 2019

RLV 2.9.26.4 (Bake On Mesh)

Hi,

Here is a new version of the RLV with the new "Bake On Mesh" feature from LL. This is the only change, but an important one, especially since some mesh body makers such as Slink already offer a "Bake On Mesh" compatible body, no doubt others will follow shortly.

I for one will need to update the Proud Girls in order to let the user switch the skin between normal and "BoM".

Restrained Life Viewer

4a1a7792f7526b447015aaba52e34c5f

The Mac and Linux versions can be found here :

Have fun !
Marine

• 1Like

lord

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Looking over the Kokua/RLV site it appears that they are still working on the next version of RLV.

lord

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
RLV 2.9.27 with EEP
Please read Marine's explanation of this update. RLV 2.9.26.4 is still the recommended version at this time, but if you have to have the latest, it is downloadable from Dropbox.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Govi

lord

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
It would appear that you are now directed to download Kokua RLV 6.4.4.48550 for the time being.

lord

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Hi !

Here is the latest version of the RLV, which is up to date with the latest version of the SL viewer (6.4.9 with the new rendering changes and fixes). Aside from being updated to match the SL viewer, there are a few quality of life changes for those who spend a lot of time blindfolded, as well as a couple fixes.

- changed : Updated to be based on the SL viewer v6.4.9 with the "Love Me Render" improvements and fixes (6.4.9.549455 · Release Notes).
- changed : Now you can highlight invisible (pressing Ctrl Alt T to see invisible surfaces in red) even while vision-restricted, but when you do that the inner vision sphere becomes opaque to prevent from cheating.
- changed : Now you can edit an object and see its outline even while vision-restricted, but when you do that the inner vision sphere becomes opaque to prevent from cheating if "Show Selection Outlines" is active (which is the default).
- changed : When wearing several attachments that restrict your vision, if their vision spheres are of different colors, the mix is no longer an HSL one (which could lead to bizarre results sometimes) but a simple multiply, meaning the more restraints the darker. It's more intuitive that way.
- fixed : IM commands such as @version, @list etc should no longer be executed when sent by someone you have blocked.
- fixed : When none of the vision restriction spheres was opaque and either black or white, looking somewhere without rendering the avatar (i.e. either the avatar is a cloud or it is behind the camera and preferably behind a wall too) would render the spheres differently and in a less restrictive manner. The fix makes it so that when you do that, the inner sphere becomes fully opaque now.
- fixed : Now you can add and delete an item to an attachment's inventory while sitting on something and restricted from sit-tping.
- known issue : Moving the camera beyond the radius of a light makes that light shine brighter on surfaces which specular color is not white. This is an SL bug, not an RLV one. See Log in - Second Life Bug Tracker.
Please be aware of the last point, the known issue. There is still a rendering bug in the SL viewer that made its way into the RLV (see the link) and I'm waiting for LL to fix it. Hopefully it will not take too long.

You can download the Windows version from Restrained Life Viewer

The MD5 hash for the Windows version is :
d67ace1c66a27d3a9a96fe6b3fd33639

The Linux and Mac versions are proposed by Chorazin at this address :

Hi there,

I have noticed two ways of cheating through the vision spheres in the latest RLV (2.9.28) so here is a version (2.9.28.1) with the hotfixes ! Yes it has been an emergency, imagine all the clever subs being able to see through non opaque blindfolds. We don't want that, do we ? ;)

You can download the Windows version from Restrained Life Viewer

The MD5 hash for the Windows version is :
5ffa1fa427481e9897d5587b7865c729

The Linux and Mac versions are proposed by Chorazin at this address :