Republican Party Presidential Candidates for 2020

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
A former Massachusetts governor will challenge Trump in the Republican primaries.

I guess this thread is needed now.

That guy hasn't been on my radar at all, but I suppose he's still garbage. That party will have to undergo a lenghty detox treatment before it'll reach tolerable levels of nauseating behaviours and opinions.

Last edited:

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Oh this is Gary Johnson's VP candidate, the one everyone said should have been the headliner?

• 2Agree
Reactions: Free and Cristalle

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
He'll never get that much traction, since he urged people to vote for Hillary Clinton in the end. But we'll get an idea of how flimsy the Never Trump "base" is.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
A former Massachusetts governor will challenge Trump in the Republican primaries.

I guess this thread is needed now.

That guy hasn't been on my radar at all, but I suppose he's still garbage. That party will have to undergo a lenghty detox treatment before it'll reach tolerable levels of nauseating behaviours and opinions.
I know nothing about him. But he can't be any worse than that orange feces-flinging howler monkey currently occupying the White House. Or Pence, for that matter.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Probably not a major problem for Trump. Kasich would be more of a distraction. The odds of a successful primary challenge are low. A strong third party run from an established Republican would be a real threat.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I'm kind of tempted to re-register as an R so I can vote against Trump in the primary.
Was debating doing that and go hang out with the hundred or so Rs in DC.

You would think they would get a clue. We have had elections for things in DC where the greens came in second.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Let's see if the hardcore Repubs who claim Trump is not one of them respond at all.

• 1Like
Reactions: Cristalle

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Well the thing is that Trump already declared his rerun in 2018, because in that way he's already eligible for accepting donations for his next election - err, you can just officially bribe him. Right?

Anyway, all possible republican opponents are going to have a hard time if they want to replace him.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Anyway, all possible republican opponents are going to have a hard time if they want to replace him.
He's a sitting president, so it's highly unlikely. The point is not whether they can replace him, but if they're not so chickenshit of him as to put on a show of trying to oust him.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
He declared his candidacy in January 2016. So he could raise money.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Cristalle

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
But Bernie is against open borders . . . Oh, wait, it's the 'immigration reform' bit she can't stand.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) on Sunday shot back at those who suggest he supports open borders, saying high levels of global poverty would make an open borders policy complicated.

When asked at an Oskaloosa, Iowa, town hall why he supported open borders, the 2020 White House candidate was quick to clarify his stance.

“I’m afraid you may be getting your information wrong," Sanders replied, according to The Washington Post. "I think what we need is comprehensive immigration reform.”

“Oh my god, there’s a lot of poverty in this world, and you’re going to have people from all over the world. And I don’t think that’s something that we can do at this point. Can’t do it,” the Vermont lawmaker continued.

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
🤣🤣🤣 Wow, I just bet Bernie is dying to have her work for him and will change his position right away!🤣🤣🤣
"Kitten hater Ann Coulter announces support for candidate X as long as he bites off the head of at least one kitten during the next townhall event."

• 1LOL
  • 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer and Romana