Yay! Reddit post detailing russian misinformation deleted from reddit (Newsweek article)

Han Held

Joined SLU
September, 2010
SLU Posts

Cristiano

I AM BABY GROOT
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I was trying to follow along with a thing about it in /r/bestof, but I couldn't figure it out.

Han Held

Joined SLU
September, 2010
SLU Posts
I was trying to follow along with a thing about it in /r/bestof, but I couldn't figure it out.
I'm not sure what the significance of the links etc are -I didn't really want to risk browsing them (they might be fine, they might have malware, idk).

I'm just happy that the conversation about reddit's (apparently on-going) role in the russian interfence is hitting newsweek (and hopefully other media)
Hopefully someone copied it before it was deleted.
The source (reddit markup) has been saved to pastebin, I'm not sure how current it is, tho...

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Joodle Fadoodle

SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-13-2008
SLU Posts
I followed this whole thing almost live. One user did the whole research and contacted spez on his findings, who asked for some time to investigate, but in the end did nothing (suprise!), so the user decided to post all his findings with confirmation of the whole think with all the links. Of course crazyland started to harass the user and make death threats, so he deleted the post and his account, but wrote an explanation using an alt.

It was crazy seeing all that shit go down live, with reddit's mods deleting the re-posts being done by other users saying "oh, we're deleting only because we don't want to spread these subs". Cmon, spez was contacted and didn't give a fig, seating on his hands like he usually does when the topic is a super-hiper toxic sub, and when caugh with his pants down, tried to "fix it". They didn't even allow the post to be re-posted without the links.

So glad the big media caugh up this. This must be the reason why a lot of -toxic- subs where quarantined these last couple of days.

I hope the media shines a bright light on spez and reddit. Horrible stuff has been going on there for way to long.

• 1Thanks
  • 1Like
Reactions: Han Held and Isabeau

Jorus Xi

It took Anderson cooper to get the kiddie fuckers off that site. It’s a cesspool.

Han Held

Joined SLU
September, 2010
SLU Posts
It took Anderson cooper to get the kiddie fuckers off that site. It’s a cesspool.
Like 4chan, it's a useful cesspool. It's one of the places they use to hook the kids into becoming nazis.