Real Life & Second Life Intersecting

Roxie Marten

A member in good standing of the usual suspects
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Have you ever had a real life moment that seemed to be pulled from Second life?
I have had two, the first was being passed by a Dodge Viper with a Michigan license plate that said "ROXIE"
I own a car exactly like that in world right down to the the custom plate.
If the car had been a Chevy, I would not thought much about it. The Dodge Viper was a limited production car.

The second I was shopping and heard someone yell "Roxie" I turned to look :D

Anya Ristow

Bernie Bro
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
Was watching four people help a 700-pound guy onto a pool floatie. After repeated failures one of them noticed I was being particularly unhelpful and asked if I had any suggestions. I said, without a pause or a smirk, "right-click, sit here." I knew most of them were in SL, and they did find it funny. I then felt obligated to actually help, and we did figure it out.

First time I went to buy a pair of glasses was kinda funny. For a few years before I needed glasses, Ailsa had been wearing some glasses because I love how they make her look. So I'm stood picking out my first frames with Mr Muliaina and we soon realise that the style that suits me best is literally what Ailsa wears. When they were finally ready for me to collect Mr Muliaina was in giggles at the bus stop because I just looked exactly like Ailsa.

In the garden this week we had a giggle about the previous owners. They had plants literally packed in and growing on top of each other over the entire garden. Couldn't resist joking with Mr Muliaina that it looked like they'd all been dumped at 0,0,0 on the sim. Or how much I want an align tool that would magically space them back out again :D

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Anytime I paint rooms or replace floors in a house I think about how this process is like a million times easier in the virtual world.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Anytime I paint rooms or replace floors in a house I think about how this process is like a million times easier in the virtual world.
Hurricanes are a big thing in Houston. So I was putting up plywood over the windows some years ago and thinking how much easier it would be if I could just rez it.

• 1Like
Reactions: Roxie Marten

Knutz Scorpio

SL Rez
Joined SLU
02-15-2014
Occasionally i catch myself looking for half meter cube rental boxes in front of empty stores and offices, in vacant lots, etc

• 1LOL
Reactions: Sid

Plurabelle Laszlo

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sometimes I stand like my AO. And sometimes my RL and SL shopping habits interfere with each other. Like - I am looking for a top in RL and think "there was one at that xyz SL-event" Or I see something nice in SL and think I should buy it for an RL friend. And a long long time ago, when I was hanging out at the Wastelands on a daily basis, and my neighbor was a giant green mutant, I saw a tall guy in a green shirt in RL, and for a brief moment I thought "What is Barry doing in my neighborhood".

• 2Like
Reactions: Sid and Beebo Brink