Radegast Viewer

lord

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
About Radegast-ng is a lightweight client for the Second Life and OpenSimulator platforms.

With it’s full support for all communication within a virtual world (chat, instant messaging, group messaging, friends conference) it’s ideal for situations where full 3D client is unnecessary; For example, an office environment, too slow a machine, and similar. It has become a vital tool for those with disabilities. The program allows those who are blind to access Second Life and other virtual worlds using a screen reader.

Radegast-ng is written using LibreMetaverse, and it runs on any platform that supports .NET/mono.

Downloads: Downloads – Radegast

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I seem to remember it also worked with cider so people are not limited to windows.

• 2Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer and lord

lord

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Release 2.26, as per cinderblocks:
I have been excited to see people come together to help support Radegast over the weekend! So excited, I put together a new release. This is more of a maintenance release than a full release.
Several bugs are fixed, such as command line argument parsing and help links. Many dependent libraries have been updated to their latest releases which should make 3D slightly more stable. Work in still in progress over some of the outstanding bugs and Inventory APIv3 compatibility. No new shiny in this release, but stability is good!
You can find the new release on the Downloads page.
As always, bug reports can be filed on the bug tracker, and code contributions are welcome!
As an aside, website upgrade maintenance will be performed June 15 and 16, as such, the website, upgrade system, and crash analysis may not be accessible at times.

lord

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Release 2.27, as per cinderblocks:
Radegast 2.27 is now available for download. This release contains several bug fixes that have been reported in 2.25 and 2.26. Many thanks to those who have reported bugs!
This release also brings Radegast up to date with SecondLife Avatar Inventory Service v3. This protocol was deployed to Second Life a number of years ago, and Linden Lab issued a warning to developers that the older protocols would be removed at a later date. This deadline is coming up soon, so this was very important to implement.
Among the Inventory changes, a number of bugs have been fixed regarding changing outfits, creating links, copying inventory, multiple attachments, and the like. However, new issues may have been introduced. Bear in mind, you should be able to refresh an inventory folder if things do not look as they should. I went to great lengths to ensure none of the changes could result in destructive inventory loss.
Auto-sit should now work again as it should as well. More improvements are on the way for the next release, but I wanted to get this out and in your hands before too many more changes. The inventory changes and bug fixes have been top priority this go around.
Happy whatever-it-is you do in virtual worlds!
You can find the new release on the Downloads page.
As always, bug reports can be filed on the bug tracker, and code contributions are welcome!

• 1Love

Eunoli

SLU Cassandra
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Radegast is the best tool for admin monitoring remotely - ever.

• 1Like
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Radegast 2.28

Radegast 2.28

cinderblocks/ August 11, 2019/ Uncategorized/ 2 comments

The current supported method for fetching assets is now supported in 2.28. This is an update you will really want to do. It fixes missing functionality like playing inworld sounds and animations, viewing landmarks. You may also notice a little more “pep” when fetching textures and mesh.
Beside those changes, there are some minor fixes regarding command line arguments, and an OpenTK update. I have more in the works, but wanted to get this change out as soon as possible and as bug free as possible.
You can download the new version on the downloads page as usual.
As always, bug reports can be filed on the bug tracker, and code contributions are welcome! I cannot stress enough how much I appreciate bug reports being filed on the bug tracker itself.
Real quick, an explanation on the changes. Radegast (and the underlying LibreMetaverse library) were relying on simulator functionality that has been obsoleted by Linden Lab in Second Life for some time. This functionality has long bogged down the simulator doing work that a simulator shouldn’t really need to be doing. Simulators should run simulation, not host large amounts of data assets.
Recently, Linden Lab removed access to these obsolete transfer methods leaving any viewer that relied on them helpless to fetch assets. Radegast was affected, Singularity Release is affected, Lumiya is affected. 2.28 should bring us back into parity with supported protocols.
LibreMetaverse
As I mentioned, the HTTP assets changes were made in the underlying LibreMetaverse library in version 1.3.2. LibreMetaverse is a fork of LibOpenMetaverse that seeks to be more active and performant than its predecessor and with the initial goal of Second Life compatibility, something LibOpenMetaverse has let slide. It can be found here: cinderblocks/libremetaverse and is also available on NuGet.

lord

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Release 2.29
cinderblocks/ October 9, 2019
Release 2.29 is now available for download on the Downloads page per my modus operandi.

This version includes several protocol updates and bugfixes. Baked on Mesh, extended texture entries, and Animated Mesh are now all supported on the protocol “under-the-hood” level with wider support coming in the future. 3D mode has not been updated to support baked on mesh yet. It doesn’t support several mesh features yet, so this should come as no surprise. 3D mode is not currently a top priority, but patches improving 3D support are very welcome. These protocol changes are important for stability and compatibility connecting to Second Life.

Universal type wearables are now supported. Avatar_lad and character files were updated to their most current versions.

Logins have been improved after a few reports of sign in problems. However, I cannot speak to specific issues because they were not filed in a bug report which makes it a great deal more cumbersome to track and updated. If you find a bug, please report it in our issue tracker. Doing so will improve the chances of your bugs being worked on.

Changes were made to the Touch behavior which will improve compatibility with scripted objects (such as Fish Hunt). Touch/Grab/DeGrab all now adhere to protocol from Second Life documentation. If you find a script no longer responds to your touch in 2.29, please have the script creator fix it following the guidelines found in the Second Life LSL scripting wiki. In the future, I hope to enable full texture coordinate touches in Object View and 3D mode in future releases.

Windows is still the primary target. Mac and Linux users can install using the Windows installer via Wine. The Linux/Mac tarball is still experimental and not guaranteed to work. Cross compatibility patches are welcome.

As always, bug reports can be filed on the bug tracker, and code contributions are welcome! I cannot stress enough how much I appreciate bug reports being filed on the issue tracker itself.

• 1Like