Question about island purchasing

Dancien

Ne'er-do-well
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
So I'm coming back to Second Life once my new computer gets here. The plan is to buy an island from the Lab. Question is, how long does that process normally take?

• 2Like
Reactions: Shiloh Lyric and Kalel

Sid

Lurking until the next post
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes

Once your region purchase is complete, you receive an email with the details. A new region is generally delivered within 15 minutes.

OrinB

tutti fruitti
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
Thanks. Pretty much all I want to do in SL is land design, decorate, and occasionally take pretty pictures.
If you rent one from a landlord in SL you get to pay weekly. Much more adaptable than having to pay LL set up fees too.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Sid

Dancien

Ne'er-do-well
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
I have only ever had 1 good experience renting from somebody in Second Life and I want a whole full prim island. I've been looking and I'd be losing money monthly if I paid somebody else.

NeoBokrug Elytis

Thread Reaper
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Yes. But do you want 20k prims or 30k prims? ;)

p.s. Get 30k -- just watch out for how much scripted content you throw down.

Dancien

Ne'er-do-well
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
30k is an option? *plots and giggles*

• 1Aww
Reactions: Kalel

Eunoli

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
In my experience, its always better to buy one from another user instead of the lab. The transfer fee and renaming is a lot cheaper than buying from scratch. Lots of times, people will almost give it away to avoid the next tier.

Dancien

Ne'er-do-well
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Yeah I've been monitoring it. Then you see stuff like this Looking for sims purchase

Same thing happened when the RL Housing economy took a shit. Buy a whole lot of houses. Flip them for a good profit, abandon if you can't sell them. Just apply it to regions and them getting abandoned before their tier dates.

Monica Dream

MD 2020
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
Thanks. Pretty much all I want to do in SL is land design, decorate, and occasionally take pretty pictures.
I can rent a homestead for $120/mo and do that -and there are companies that aren't fly-by-night (as much as I hate saying it, anshex is one of them, so is zoha islands) to rent them from.

I can think of a lot of better uses for ~$120 (the difference in price between a homestead and full region) but you do you.