Quarantine haircuts

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
I got my hair cut shorter than usual on the Sunday before I started working@home. I knew it was going to be my last decent haircut for a very long time. Unfortunately, my hair grows fast, so looks like my wife is going to have to get out her scissors in about two months.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I just got tired of overheating, so I put my hair in a pony tail and lopped it off - turns out it was 7 inches cut off - and I took advantage of the fact curly hair is kind of forgiving.

• 1Like
Reactions: Ryanna Enfield

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
Right before quarantine in PA, I got a haircut I didn't really like at all. Much shorter than I usually wear it, and just not a haircut I felt suited my thin hair. Others seemed to like it, but maybe they were trying to make me feel better about it.

Now it will be grown out by the time we go back to work in the office. :) I'm not upset about that, but since it's not a symmetrical cut, with the back shorter than the sides and front, it will probably look pretty odd by then.

• 1Flower
Reactions: Isabeau

Leilany LaFollette

Judges you in Spanish
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
I try not to think about it because I do have to go to work and I'm starting to look like a hot mess :p

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I have one of those wet/dry multigroomer devices that I use to to hold back the crazy around my ears when my hair is short. I'm seriously tempted to go with a buzzcut or a really close trimdown.

Anya Ristow

I was born a choker
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
I took advantage of the fact curly hair is kind of forgiving.
I've been cutting my own hair for a long time. It gets curly as it goes grey, and yeah, it's very forgiving. Lost control of my bangs years ago so I sorta don't have any anymore.

My sister hasn't seen me in so long she didn't know my hair was curly.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I got my hair cut shorter than usual on the Sunday before I started working@home. I knew it was going to be my last decent haircut for a very long time. Unfortunately, my hair grows fast, so looks like my wife is going to have to get out her scissors in about two months.
I did exactly the same thing, reminded by one of your posts here -- when it became clear lockdown was inevitable, I had my hair cut much shorter than normal, too.

Since I'm on my own and am not going out anyway, I don't really care what it looks like, and if and when I do go out, it's not only in SL that I wear dramatic hats (and since I'll be wearing a mask anyway, and sunglasses during the summer, I'll be well disguised).

• 1Yay!
  • 1Like
Reactions: Isabeau and Beebo Brink

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
People, people, people .... trimming bangs decently does not require supernatural hairdresser powers ....
Well, yeah but what about the rest of the shaggy mane? Also, I'd have to navigate around my glasses or take them off and do a half blind shot at it. Those of us on the clumsy side, and by that I mean me, would end up with the scissor in our (my) eye.