QAnon Corner -- Where one goes bonkers, we all go bonkers

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I have known a bunch of professionals and business owners who were absolutely ignorant hicks. I had to explain my own lab results to my own surgeon once, because he was basically a really good cutting machine but apparently couldn't give a shit about anything but the mechanics of cutting bits of people out. Had several bosses who told terrible racist jokes, didn't understand what our company was actually doing, and their primary skill was finding other awful business owners to sell our services to.

The real misunderstanding is this idea that you have to be generally competent to be successful in business.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
The real misunderstanding is this idea that you have to be generally competent to be successful in business.
Civilization is complicated. We specialize because nobody can understand or do everything needed. So long as you can do whatever you specialize in, you can be a total waste of space in everything else. Bureaucratic organizations can even function when any given person is completely incompetent. For example, Trump's company survived for 40 years after he took over, despite being an idiot when it comes to business. There were enough other people in the company who knew what to do to keep it going.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Pamela

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Civilization is complicated. We specialize because nobody can understand or do everything needed. So long as you can do whatever you specialize in, you can be a total waste of space in everything else. Bureaucratic organizations can even function when any given person is completely incompetent. For example, Trump's company survived for 40 years after he took over, despite being an idiot when it comes to business. There were enough other people in the company who knew what to do to keep it going.
One of the main points of Robson's book is that intelligence, on its own, isn't a particularly reliable indicator of good judgment or decision-making skills. On the contrary, when someone intelligent gets a bad idea into their head, it's often very difficult to shift, precisely because their intelligence allows them to see lots of counter-arguments to justify their bad idea.

Social psychologists who study this suggest that there seem to be several other measurable factors at work in the process of judgment and decision-making, all of which seem play a role, along with intelligence, in helping or hindering people in their attempts to form sound, evidence-based judgments and plans.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
One of the main points of Robson's book is that intelligence, on its own, isn't a particularly reliable indicator of good judgment or decision-making skills. On the contrary, when someone intelligent gets a bad idea into their head, it's often very difficult to shift, precisely because their intelligence allows them to see lots of counter-arguments to justify their bad idea.

Social psychologists who study this suggest that there seem to be several other measurable factors at work in the process of judgment and decision-making, all of which seem play a role, along with intelligence, in helping or hindering people in their attempts to form sound, evidence-based judgments and plans.
Which is why, in most tabletop games, Intelligence and Wisdom are different stats [no matter what they are called].

Because they are different things.

Or you know, Intelligence is 'Can I do this' and wisdom is 'Should I do this'.

Lexxi

meow
SL Rez
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
Thanks, I was wonder why she was trending again on Twitter, and #CancelDisneyPlus was also trending (looking at that hashtag, however it was constructed, just lead to many tweets just saying that without saying why). I'd known about her past comments, I didn't know about her most recent comments/likes/posts.

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Gina Carano is just trying to channel her Fast and the Furious character into real life or something.

In Fast 6, she is The Rock's partner for most of the movie until she sort of randomly turns out to be evil in the last act.

• 1LOL
Reactions: bubblesort

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts

I don't recognize the people caricatured in that picture, but considering the nature of the other comments coming from that actress, I assume they're Jews?

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Hey, good luck with that. :hellokitty:

Less than 24 hours after her explosive ouster from Star Wars series The Mandalorian for incendiary social media posts, Gina Carano has hit back at her detractors and revealed a new movie project she is making with conservative website The Daily Wire.

Carano told us today: “The Daily Wire is helping make one of my dreams — to develop and produce my own film — come true. I cried out and my prayer was answered. I am sending out a direct message of hope to everyone living in fear of cancellation by the totalitarian mob. I have only just begun using my voice which is now freer than ever before, and I hope it inspires others to do the same. They can’t cancel us if we don’t let them.”
The *real* news in this:
Carano will develop, produce, and star in the upcoming film, which The Daily Wire says it will release exclusively to its members as the company looks to bolster its entertainment division.
Sounds like a win win!

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

District Judge Beryl Howell was not convinced by Matthew Bledsoe’s defense team, stating in court Friday, “I think people who believe in QAnon conspiracies, when they appear in court, will face reality.” Bledsoe is facing four misdemeanor charges, including rioting, demonstrating, and picketing in a Capitol building.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Even having single digit favorables bugs me. But how can any of them inch UP since August? Apparently to some, they've received pretty good press lately.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
  • 1Thanks

bubblesort

People on Tik Tok are saying the snow is fake, and it was sent there by Bill Gates, and the government. I thought Q Anon hated Tik Tok, since Trump started attacking the platform. Maybe this is a unique, new brand of stupid? Ex-Q people picking up where Q left off, since Trump isn't president any more?

• 1Scared
  • 1Facepalm
Reactions: Pamela and Myradyl Muse

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
People on Tik Tok are saying the snow is fake, and it was sent there by Bill Gates, and the government. I thought Q Anon hated Tik Tok, since Trump started attacking the platform. Maybe this is a unique, new brand of stupid? Ex-Q people picking up where Q left off, since Trump isn't president any more?

Sheesh, its not like its never snowed in the south... when I was little, we got snow every single winter in Atlanta. It stopped around when I was in HS, early college, but its started back up. and Texas has really nothing to keep arctic air from going right don't the middle.

ETA: And its not like part of Texas isn't in the middle of the country, about level with Virginia.

• 1Agree

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez

I don't recognize the people caricatured in that picture, but considering the nature of the other comments coming from that actress, I assume they're Jews?
They are indeed supposed to be Jews. The one on the right in the center of his side of the table is George Soros.
Perhaps an updated version of this : On Q Anon and Antisemitism

• 1Like
Reactions: Pamela

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
"I adore Pedro. I adore him," Carano said in an interview with conservative commentator Ben Shapiro posted online on February 21, 2021. "I know he's said and done some hurtful things. I don't think that posting anybody's number on social media, is okay."

Carano was referring to Pascal's January 9, 2021 tweet in which he posted Cruz's office phone number.
Yeah Pascal, tweeting a sitting U.S. Senator's OFFICE phone number. That is so not done! </sarcasm>

The brains on these people...

• 1lolwut?
Reactions: Ryanna Enfield