Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
"Day of the Rope"

It's from "The Turner Diaries".

That is one of the first things I thought about. It's interesting how so many of their beliefs intersect with The Turner Diaries. Some of them even use that term.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Cindy Claveau

Cindy Claveau

SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
QAnon Believers Are Obsessed With Hillary Clinton. She Has Thoughts. (paywall)

A clear indication that Marjorie Taylor Greene was more than a dabbler in QAnon was her 2018 endorsement of “Frazzledrip,” one of the most grotesque tendrils of the movement’s mythology. You “have to go down a number of rabbit holes to get that far,” said Mike Rothschild, whose book about QAnon, “The Storm Is Upon Us,” comes out later this year.

The lurid fantasy of Frazzledrip refers to an imaginary video said to show Hillary Clinton and her former aide, Huma Abedin, assaulting and disfiguring a young girl, and drinking her blood. It holds that several cops saw the video, and Clinton had them killed.
Contemplating Frazzledrip, it occurred to me that QAnon is the obscene apotheosis of three decades of Clinton demonization. It’s other things as well, including a repurposed version of the old anti-Semitic blood libel, which accused Jews of using the blood of Christian children in their rituals, and a cult lusting for mass public executions. According to the F.B.I., it’s a domestic terror threat.
But QAnon is also the terminal stage of the national derangement over Clinton that began as soon as she entered public life. “It’s my belief that QAnon really took off because it was based on Hillary Clinton,” said Rothschild. “It was based specifically on something that a lot of 4chan dwellers wanted to see happen, which was Hillary Clinton arrested and sort of dragged away in chains.”

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Thread by the author of a major study of the various networks of major influencers on Twitter, and subject of an article in Nature

Fascinating, both for the content and to learn how they collected and presented the data.

I found it really interesting, or at the bits I could follow.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Last edited:

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Very good, and chilling, article

Evernote link because paywall

ETA: I seem to recall that this book from 2019 describes the beginnings of all this

Ironically, I was just saying this earlier today - just because the supporters are idiots, they aren't ignorant [or in gamer terms, high int, low wisdom.]