QAnon Corner -- Where one goes bonkers, we all go bonkers

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
It is a good piece, I mean it makes a pretty good summary and timeline of the Q business; but I disagree with Mike Rothschild, it doesn't explain why Q believers get into Q anon - like, at all.

I think Dan Olsen's video does a much, much better job of explaining the why, so I'm going to post it again:

The first half of the video is about the "why" behind Flat Earthers; the QAnon section proper begins at 37:39 if you really want to skip to just it. But, you should really watch the whole video, because the "why" of Flat Earthers and the "why" of QAnon are basically the same (and it's not "because some people are just dumb or happen to believe silly things).

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I hadn't realised this but apparently a faction of QAnon not only believe that, like Elvis and Jim Morrison, JFK Jr is actually alive and well but also that (unlike Elvis and Jim Morrison) he is going to reveal his identity today and replace Mike Pence as Trump's VP candidate. (Though apparently, he's been expected to reveal himself in the past, but that's been unavoidably delayed because n-dimensional chess).

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
What scares me, now I know what district this nutball female asshole is running for..... and its my mom's *sobs* Then again, same area that put Newt in power, and had Bob Barr [not to be confused with Bill] and Gingrey, the supposed ob/gyn that was part of the 'legitimate rape' crowd.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
What scares me, now I know what district this nutball female asshole is running for..... and its my mom's *sobs* Then again, same area that put Newt in power, and had Bob Barr [not to be confused with Bill] and Gingrey, the supposed ob/gyn that was part of the 'legitimate rape' crowd.
I think of it as the crazy hillbilly part of Georgia.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

One such theory claims that the Pergamon Museum is the centre of the “global satanism scene” because it holds a reconstruction of the ancient Greek Pergamon Altar.

Attila Hildmann, a former vegan celebrity chef who has become one of Germany’s best-known proponents of the baseless QAnon conspiracy theory, posted messages on Telegram in August and September in which he suggested that the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, was using the altar for “human sacrifices”.

On Tuesday night Hildmann, who has over 100,000 followers on his public Telegram channel, posted a link to the Deutschlandfunk article with the words: “Fact! It is the throne of Baal (Satan).”

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I'd love to see the crosstabs on that 25% of Independents. Are they backwoodser types who can't be bothered to involve themselves with politics because they're too busy fighting bears off their foodstores, but still happen to believe the worst about Dems?

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I'd love to see the crosstabs on that 25% of Independents. Are they backwoodser types who can't be bothered to involve themselves with politics because they're too busy fighting bears off their foodstores, but still happen to believe the worst about Dems?
Or they see themselves as being on the left, and believe that, since the Democratic elite have yet again rigged the primaries to deny Bernie his rightful victory, there's little to choose between the Democrats and the Republicans. Folks like that are often remarkably credulous of conspiracy theories.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Or they see themselves as being on the left, and believe that, since the Democratic elite have yet again rigged the primaries to deny Bernie his rightful victory, there's little to choose between the Democrats and the Republicans. Folks like that are often remarkably credulous of conspiracy theories.
I'm sorry, what? I'm going to assume this is *just your opinion* because I'm certain there's no polling that says this so directly.

Besides, it's one thing to be pissed at the "Democratic elite" over Bernie or whatever pisses fence-sitters off these days. But there's conspiracy theories and then there's batshit crazy.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I'm sorry, what? I'm going to assume this is *just your opinion* because I'm certain there's no polling that says this so directly.

Besides, it's one thing to be pissed at the "Democratic elite" over Bernie or whatever pisses fence-sitters off these days. But there's conspiracy theories and then there's batshit crazy.
I just speculating as to who they might be, that's all.

From what I've read about QAnon, they seem to attract adherents from across the political spectrum -- it's not just the right who are vulnerable to conspiracy theories.