QAnon Corner -- Where one goes bonkers, we all go bonkers

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
In the late 1970's my friends and I played Dungeons and Dragons, which was a tabletop dice and paper game at the time.
Not to derail the topic, but... I know it's been quite a while since I last played D&D, but, it's not a tabletop paper-and-dice game anymore?

In the 1980's, fundamentalists accused D&D of sucking young people into satanism because we had books that listed monsters and demons (oh horrors!). This annoyed me, because the real satanists were apparently frat boys, and the pillars of society they grew up to become. Or maybe they were just ahead the curve as far as cosplay and BDSM.
Oh, God, I remember that. My parents were all "whatever you do, don't ever play that game. It's satanic". So, what does an 18-year-old girl do after leaving the house and joining the Navy? Yep, she found herself a D&D-playing group. It was actually pretty cool. We mostly sat around drinking beer, and were pretty casual about the game itself. As far as I know, I've never invoked any demons.

• 1Like
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Kamilah Hauptmann

A bit of a wanker
SL Rez
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
It is also technically on 2e [Pathfinder is really a split off from the same root]
Wasn't Pathfinder a 3rd edition fork? There are also many 1st edition like games called O-DnD for old school/original for all those millenials who can't be arsed to learn more than 5 rules.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Wasn't Pathfinder a 3rd edition fork? There are also many 1st edition like games called O-DnD for old school/original for all those millenials who can't be arsed to learn more than 5 rules.
Yup, the old nickname for Patfinder 1e was D20 3.75

Free

Nasty Hugs
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
>> "Does Antifa owe reparations to anyone who lost a family member or property to Nazi Germany?"

I've long found Scott Adams to be someone who cannot be parodied.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Rose Karuna and Govi

Free

Nasty Hugs
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
WHY WOULD YOU BOTHER?!?!?!
Precisely because the claim was so bizarre and so easily checkable that I wondered what on earth he was trying to do. Most people when they're trying to lie at least make some sort of effort to sound a bit convincing, unless they're powerful enough -- like Putin or Trump -- that it doesn't matter that no one believes them, because that's the point of the lie in the first place.

Anyway, I learned a bit about 1930s German political history and about the history of antifascism in general.

Free

Nasty Hugs
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Anyway, I learned a bit about 1930s German political history and about the history of antifascism in general.
You may have a lot more to learn...

He didn't specify any specific page. So get to it, soon to be crazy lady. Read all of Wikipedia.

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
>> "Does Antifa owe reparations to anyone who lost a family member or property to Nazi Germany?"

I've long found Scott Adams to be someone who cannot be parodied.
He's said some really wacky shit over the years.... including:

• 1Thanks
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Free and Govi

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
This video is an hour and 15 minutes long. I realize that will place it beyond some people's tolerance, but I highly, highly recommend sticking with it and giving it a watch from beginning to end. It's honestly the best take on this subject that I've ever seen and approaches it from a different angle than all the simple fact-debunking and make-fun-of-the-loons videos do.

Just get some popcorn and coffee or something. I promise it's worth it. :)