Protests in Belarus against stolen elections

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I trust The Guardian with not only my registration details but also my credit card. They've not yet given me cause to regret it.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Govi

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I trust The Guardian with not only my registration details but also my credit card. They've not yet given me cause to regret it.
I just don't see the point when I don't read it every day. The only time I ever look at it is when someone posts a link.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Aliaksandr Lukashenka can seem like a character from a satirical novel about an imaginary east European country. It is easy to mock the Belarusian strongman’s fractured syntax, awkward body language, deluded world view, and nepotistic habits (his gormless son Nikolai was an awkward presence at last week’s lunch with Vladimir Putin).

But Lukashenka is real, sinister — and triumphant. Seizing two passengers on a civilian flight crossing his country’s territory was a stunt that even a superpower would have found audacious. It prompted a huge international furore, which has been totally ineffective. Lukashenka simultaneously exposed the West’s toothlessness, further intimidated the opposition, and underlined his regime’s support from the only country that matters: Russia.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Maria Kolesnikova, the imprisoned opposition leader who ripped up her passport at the border rather than be deported, after an iconic recruiting poster from 1941, The Motherland Calls.

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Olga Radzetskaya has been in jail for over a year simply because she worked with Viktar Babaryka's campaign. She's a painter and sand artist by trade and organizes various charity events. There's no article about her, that I know of, but her website is still active at Sandstory.

Edit: corrected URL

Last edited: