Protests in Belarus against stolen elections

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Let's see if the CIA can *not* screw it up this time.

• 1Beer
Reactions: Kamilah Hauptmann

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Election observers are saying that their polling, combined with demonstration numbers, indicates there’s no possibility that Lukanshenko has enough votes to win. But people have suspected that to be the case after the past three elections. I hope it’s settled soon before more people are hurt and killed.

eta: grammar

Last edited:

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Lukashenko expected as much; in the afternoon the internet was already being shut down on Belarus in anticipation of the unrest. His government is claiming his rival Svetlana Tikhanovskaya got some stupid-low percentage of the vote, like 6.5% or something like this, and it looks like people aren't buying that at all.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Myradyl Muse

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
“I never went to protests before and until yesterday I told everyone I know not to go either,” said a young protester in a hoodie wearing a medical mask. “But when I saw how they beat people across the street from my house, I realised I couldn’t sit at home any longer.”

“Look at what’s happening in Belarus,” Tsepkalo said. “People are fighting for their right to choose their president. It’s unacceptable that Lukashenko is shedding the blood of Belarusian people and ordering mass arrests for that.

“All of our staffers are afraid. Everyone who was public during the campaign, they’re all in danger of arrest.”

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Last edited: