Prominent Beauty YouTuber Comes Out As Transgender After Being Blackmailed

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
as for that blackmailer? BRB, wishing debilitating diarrhea on them ASAP!
May they have the same sort of luck Luis Rossman just had with a contractor (and architect).

Amelia Freund

Joined SLU
10 Sep 2007
SLU Posts
I hearts Nikkie and feel for her for what she's been through.
I only follow a few of the makeup youtubers (Nikkie, Jeffree Star, Tati Westbrook and John Maclean pretty much).

Sadly the transphobic masses promptly arrived on social media accusing her of deceiving her fans and catfishing her current fiance..
The former just invokes an eyeroll, but the latter claim is fucking outrageous. How they as a couple dealt with her coming out to him at that unknown point in the past is nobody's business.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I hearts Nikkie and feel for her for what she's been through.
I only follow a few of the makeup youtubers (Nikkie, Jeffree Star, Tati Westbrook and John Maclean pretty much).

Sadly the transphobic masses promptly arrived on social media accusing her of deceiving her fans and catfishing her current fiance..
The former just invokes an eyeroll, but the latter claim is fucking outrageous. How they as a couple dealt with her coming out to him at that unknown point in the past is nobody's business.
Yes, likely she already had a conversation with her spouse anyway to avoid them finding out on their own. However the details are between the 2 of them.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I imagine the accusations of catfishing her fiance come from the mindset of people disgusted by the idea and the idea that anyone would be ok being with "someone like that" (to paraphrase the mindset) willingly, so she MUST have tricked/lied to him.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
I don’t follow any YouTube personalities myself, so maybe I don’t understand, but what difference does it make if the person giving makeup tips is trans? It’s their content that matters, and she certainly looks like she knows what she’s talking about.
I suppose it would make a difference to me if I were trans, but it would be a positive one.

• 1Agree

Sean Gorham

Verti's Minion Again!
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
2007-09-27
SLU Posts
[...] what difference does it make if the person giving makeup tips is trans?
As I understand it, a lot of (ignorant, bigoted, what-have-you) people perceive trans folk as inherently deceitful, simply because they present themselves as something other than their birth sex. It's not a rational thing.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I imagine the accusations of catfishing her fiance come from the mindset of people disgusted by the idea and the idea that anyone would be ok being with "someone like that" (to paraphrase the mindset) willingly, so she MUST have tricked/lied to him.
Small mindset indeed. I know plenty of people who were just fine with a fiance who came out to them. In fact when I got married I was in the middle of working out gender things so she knew it was a strong possibility.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I don’t follow any YouTube personalities myself, so maybe I don’t understand, but what difference does it make if the person giving makeup tips is trans? It’s their content that matters, and she certainly looks like she knows what she’s talking about.
I suppose it would make a difference to me if I were trans, but it would be a positive one.
To try to figure out what they are complaining about maybe they are thinking skin is different somehow depending on what dna says? Then again, intersex people must have a horrid time with makeup! Of course not that it really matters, after a few years on hormones pretty much any difference in skin texture would be gone anyway.

• 1Thanks

Roxanne Blue

Una Mujer Fantastica
SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2009
SLU Posts
I've often told people that trans people are the invisible stripe in the rainbow coalition - you can't see us before we come out, because we're busy passing as heteronormatives, and you can't see us after we come out because we're passing as the other side of heteronormative.

The only way that will ever change is through the bravery of trans people who refuse to apologize for our existence or accept second-class status. Thank you, Nikkie, for showing the best way to disarm an extortionist.