Couldbe Yue

Syncing with reality
Sep 26, 2018
Second Life
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-16-2008
SLU Posts
So, it's that time of the month again when I do a download of the last months' transaction history for each of the income generating accounts and I find that for my premium accounts I can select the month and download but for my non premium accounts I can't select any dates and as what appears still to be the default position for LL, it gives me an incorrect error message.

I seem to remember this happening a while ago but as SLU has gone I can't go for a looksee.

Can someone with a freebie account have a look at their transaction history and see if they can view their last month's history?

Ta.

oh, and Happy New Year eveyone! :cheer::loveflag:

Seven

Sep 26, 2018
Canada
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-15-2010
I'm having this exact problem, it doesn't let me select a date all grayed out.

Sep 19, 2018
NJ suburb of Philly
SL Rez
SLU Posts
I'm not particularly concerned since I've spent maybe $L100 - $L200 since Dec 1 but it's greyed out and unselectable for me.

Evola

Oct 19, 2018
SL Rez
SLU Posts
I saw a couple of people mention it in groups yesterday morning, I got the impression it's a weird y2k+19 glitch

Amigo Uriza

Too Old for This Job
Sep 22, 2018
Joined SLU
03-31-2010
SLU Posts
It happens to me with Firefox, but not with Chrome

Tris

busy pushing buttons
Sep 20, 2018
somewhere in Germany
Joined SLU
02-19-2011
SLU Posts
Not exactly sure about the details, but one of the things LL changed last year for premium accounts was that they can look up a much longer transaction history. Non-Premium can only have a month (?) but Premium can go back a year or so.
So anything you can't do anymore this year might have something to do with this change, if i understood you corectly here.

Sid

Only available with a mug of coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Limburg, Netherlands
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Oct 2009
If that is the case, yet another stupid move from the lab if you ask me.
It is great to give premiums more, but it is strange to give them more by suddenly giving regulars less.
Nice way to piss off and chase away those customers that already have developed a bit of SL-fatigue over the years.

Evola

Oct 19, 2018
SL Rez
SLU Posts
I thought non-premium got 3 months, if it's only current month now it's the first I've heard complaints of it. I wouldn't rule it out, but I still think it's likely a bug(or a weird browser compatibility issue with website coding) that'll get fixed once whichever Linden rolls back into the office.

Couldbe Yue

Syncing with reality
Sep 26, 2018
Second Life
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-16-2008
SLU Posts
It happens to me with Firefox, but not with Chrome
That's interesting. I tried it with chrome, firefox and IE and it didn't work for me on any of them.

It's fine for the paid accounts, it's the freebie accounts that have the problem.

Couldbe Yue

Syncing with reality
Sep 26, 2018
Second Life
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-16-2008
SLU Posts
If that is the case, yet another stupid move from the lab if you ask me.
It is great to give premiums more, but it is strange to give them more by suddenly giving regulars less.
Nice way to piss off and chase away those customers that already have developed a bit of SL-fatigue over the years.
They didn't, the free accounts get what they've always had - which is your transaction history can go back 31 days. The paid accounts get the three months.

You're right about the irritation factor though, Even after 6 years of being away from the day to day, every time I have to face a problem it stirs old memories and kills any fledgling desire I have to get back into it. It's an incredibly effective deterrent.

Stora

Sep 20, 2018
IIRC the same think happened last year for the free accounts. It was eventually fixed.

Sid

Only available with a mug of coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Limburg, Netherlands
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Oct 2009
Come to think of it, years back now, when I was still a merchant in SL I could check my sales for at least 3 months back (if it was not longer) and I was no premium member. So somewhere in the last 2-3 years they have fiddled with that to the disadvance of the free accounts.
I'm not 100% sure though.

Couldbe Yue

Syncing with reality
Sep 26, 2018
Second Life
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-16-2008
SLU Posts
Come to think of it, years back now, when I was still a merchant in SL I could check my sales for at least 3 months back (if it was not longer) and I was no premium member. So somewhere in the last 2-3 years they have fiddled with that to the disadvance of the free accounts.
you're thinking of the marketplace - you can go back years there. Only the SL dashboard shows inworld transactions as well and that only goes back 1 month for free accounts and has only been extended to 3 for premium in the last few years.

Pamela

Oct 7, 2018
Austin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Same thing happened last year. I signed up for premium, downloaded December transactions, went back to free status, asked and received a refund for the five minutes I was Premium.

Last edited:

Amigo Uriza

Too Old for This Job
Sep 22, 2018
Joined SLU
03-31-2010
SLU Posts
That's interesting. I tried it with chrome, firefox and IE and it didn't work for me on any of them.

It's fine for the paid accounts, it's the freebie accounts that have the problem.
True, in Firefox I have a free account and in Chrome this account, which is premium.

Couldbe Yue

Syncing with reality
Sep 26, 2018
Second Life
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-16-2008
SLU Posts
and it's sorted now.