• 1Agree
Reactions: Casey Pelous

Ava Glasgow

Ava Ava hot like lava
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Okay, I'm oblivious because I can't grow long nails so never think about these things. What is so gross about them? The cuticles are a touch ragged and the tip of the thumb less than perfect, but they seem reasonably clean and normal color. Is it just because they're unpolished? Or are slightly long nails really out of fashion now?

• 1Agree
Reactions: Kaimi Kyomoon

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Okay, I'm oblivious because I can't grow long nails so never think about these things. What is so gross about them? The cuticles are a touch ragged and the tip of the thumb less than perfect, but they seem reasonably clean and normal color. Is it just because they're unpolished? Or are slightly long nails really out of fashion now?
I don't know, there's just something about them. They just have an unkempt look to them, like some guy who only cuts his nails twice a year whether he needs to or not.

I can't grow my nails long. For one, they're brittle and break easily. For another, they interfere with things like typing. If I need to have longish nails for a function, I have fakes put on and put polish on them.

Ava Glasgow

Ava Ava hot like lava
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I don't know, there's just something about them. They just have an unkempt look to them, like some guy who only cuts his nails twice a year whether he needs to or not.

I can't grow my nails long. For one, they're brittle and break easily. For another, they interfere with things like typing. If I need to have longish nails for a function, I have fakes put on and put polish on them.

So slightly long nails are gross if they're natural but okay if they're fake?

I guess I'm just confused by the idea that merely not trimming and polishing longish nails makes them gross. Unkempt I can see, and the woman who originally posted the pic admits she can be rough on them, but to me "gross" means dirty or fungal-infected, like a hygiene issue.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
So slightly long nails are gross if they're natural but okay if they're fake?

I guess I'm just confused by the idea that merely not trimming and polishing longish nails makes them gross. Unkempt I can see, and the woman who originally posted the pic admits she can be rough on them, but to me "gross" means dirty or fungal-infected, like a hygiene issue.
Yes, dirty or fungal-infected nails are definitely gross. I don't know. I don't have a problem with polished nails, but unmanicured nails just rub me the wrong way, like nails across a chalkboard. Like I said, I can't grow my nails out without something bad happening to them, like chipping, tearing, or folding backward. So when I see those, they give me the heebie-jeebies.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Ava Glasgow

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
Some reddit threads crack me up. They will go off topic. VVO'ers never go off topic in a thread (cough). The OP posted - This local bookstore doesn't rotate out the Zippo stock very often. Most of the comments are about his/her grody nails.

Let us talk about the obvious thing here. They are complaining about stock rotation but are over looking the rare chance to get a HTF OOP MINT ANTIQUE LIGHTER! Nineteen years old and look how unblemished it is. At least until Ms funky nails touched it and ruined the pristine condition of it. Also why are you going to a bookstore for lighters? Would someone slap them upside the head before I have to...

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Has anyone ever notice that, for as great as rock is, as a music genre it is immensely insecure about itself? I mean, these people felt so threatened by the emergence of disco that you ended up with how many songs by how many bands that the entire song is just trying to convince themselves and their listeners that rock isn't a declining genre.

Like seriously, you never heard anything out of Memphis reassuring blues fans that "the blues ain't going nowhere". Same with rap, folk, jazz...name it. But no, rock is all like "ROCK WILL -NEVER- DIE, NO MATTER WHAT 'THEY' MIGHT BE SAYING!" (and nobody was even saying that)
Why Modern Pop Music is So Bad