Posting is fun!!!

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 19, 2018
Gulf Coast, USA
Has anyone ever notice that, for as great as rock is, as a music genre it is immensely insecure about itself? I mean, these people felt so threatened by the emergence of disco that you ended up with how many songs by how many bands that the entire song is just trying to convince themselves and their listeners that rock isn't a declining genre.

Like seriously, you never heard anything out of Memphis reassuring blues fans that "the blues ain't going nowhere". Same with rap, folk, jazz...name it. But no, rock is all like "ROCK WILL -NEVER- DIE, NO MATTER WHAT 'THEY' MIGHT BE SAYING!" (and nobody was even saying that)

• Agree
Reactions: Kaimi Kyomoon
Sep 19, 2018
Portland, OR
Has anyone ever notice that, for as great as rock is, as a music genre it is immensely insecure about itself? I mean, these people felt so threatened by the emergence of disco that you ended up with how many songs by how many bands that the entire song is just trying to convince themselves and their listeners that rock isn't a declining genre.

Like seriously, you never heard anything out of Memphis reassuring blues fans that "the blues ain't going nowhere". Same with rap, folk, jazz...name it. But no, rock is all like "ROCK WILL -NEVER- DIE, NO MATTER WHAT 'THEY' MIGHT BE SAYING!" (and nobody was even saying that)
Too funny. Disco is well before you were born as I recall. You're right though, for a certain group of people and musicians. Rock does seem to be dying out too I think at least as far as the top songs go, but I don't listen to the top songs anymore. Here are two songs your point reminds me of.

First, Slipped My Disco - The Tubes.

Then Martin Mull. He sings about learning the blues from his father who was a well off real estate man from the Cleveland delta which was a bit different from the Mississippi delta. He still had the blues but it was of a higher class. It's in two parts. The first is a spoken introduction, then intentionally badly played ukulele.

The Tubes
I begin to wonder
is it worth the pain
Get so twisted
that you wind up lame
Maybe it's my technique
or is it my shoes
Just another white boy
with the disco blues
Martin Mull
I woke up this afternoon, Oooh!
I saw both cars were gone
I woke up this afternoon, Lord mommy
I saw both cars were gone
I feel so low down deep inside
I threw my drink across the lawn

Lady Darnk Juniorette

⚧🎃💀Fizzy!💀🎃⚧
Sep 19, 2018

I think the "being republican is punk rock" thing going on now is kinda absolutely goofy shits to keep on the rawk myusik/to go off on my own unrelated tangent.

Also I was born after the disco sucks stuff so it doeSNT AFFECT ME I CAN LISTN TU ANYTHING AH WNT!!!!!

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
Sep 20, 2018
20 Minutes into the future
Sadly feline diabetes is not just a weight issue. My kitty is old, been with me 16+ years and is probably a year older than that (shelter rescue) and last year she was diagnosed as being diabetic. Her weight hovers around 8lbs 7ozs. Her glucose gets tested twice a day and gets 1 unit in the morning and usually half a unit at night. She's doing great other than that.

meanwhile back at the ranch...