Police Brutality Protests Thread

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Thread retweeted by a friend who is herself a neurodivergent POC.

Damn, I hope they and their relatives are bring extra careful now.

Oh, and this response at the end of it is wortha look in itself :

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

If J J Macnab says this kind of story is big, it generally is.

The complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas on Wednesday said they self-identified as part of the “boogaloo” movement, which U.S. prosecutors said in the document is “a term used by extremists to signify coming civil war and/or fall of civilization.”

Stephen T. Parshall, 35, Andrew T. Lynam Jr., 23, and William L. Loomis, 40, were being held on $1 million bond each in the Clark County jail Wednesday, according to court records.

Each currently faces two federal charges — conspiracy to damage and destroy by fire and explosive, and possession of unregistered firearms. In state court, they’ve been accused of felony conspiracy, terrorism and explosives possession.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
What I'm seeing all over social media today, after the announcement of the charges against the other three cops involved in Floyd's death:

"Sheesh, they got what they wanted, and they're still looting and rioting? Nothing we give 'em will ever be enough!"

Forget sending Trump - I want to be the first human on Mars. Send me alone, please.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Forget sending Trump - I want to be the first human on Mars. Send me alone, please.
But then who am I going to poke fun at about Pluto really being a planet after all?

• 1LOL
Reactions: Romana

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
OK, W the actual F is going on with these cops?

The Asheville [NC] Police Department's aggressive dismantling of a medical station near the protest demonstration on June 2 has medical staff — and the city's mayor — wondering what the agency's strategy was.

[...]

"I am aware of the incident involving officers destroying the medical supplies of demonstrators, including water bottles, food, and other supplies," Manheimer wrote. "Council has asked for an explanation of why that occurred."
They destroyed medical supplies. They stabbed water bottles. :confused:

EDIT:

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
What I'm seeing all over social media today, after the announcement of the charges against the other three cops involved in Floyd's death:

"Sheesh, they got what they wanted, and they're still looting and rioting? Nothing we give 'em will ever be enough!"

Well, their poor pea-sized brains probably refuse to process who's really doing the looting.
Dump would probably be the same if someone managed to explain to him the full ramifications of McNabb's story as it pertains to him. Those same "boogaloo" (🙄) guys are the ones he's been riling up.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
OK, W the actual F is going on with these cops?

They destroyed medical supplies. They stabbed water bottles. :confused:

Well I know the protesters like to throw the empty water bottles at them when they start shooting tear gas. That's gotta be incredibly painful when you're wearing military tactical armor.

• 1LOL
Reactions: Archer

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Sovereignty

SL Rez
Men wearing Hawaiian shirts and carrying guns add a volatile new element to protests

ETA:
But it is far from a cohesive group, said J.J. MacNab, a fellow at George Washington University who studies anti-government extremism.
"While there are pockets of white supremacist Boogaloos, the younger and bigger groups are generally not," she said in a recent Twitter thread. "While there are Boogaloos that support police, the younger and bigger groups detest them. While there are Boogaloos that want to discredit protests angry at the murder of a black man, there are younger Boogaloos that are incensed by the murder and want to join the protests."

Last edited:

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Odd, I've never had foodstuff with zip ties on.

I know the trick, but I have a small jeweler's screwdriver so I don't need anything impromptu. Typically I just cut 'em.
A good lockpick torsion tool might do the trick too.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
  • 2Thanks
Reactions: Archer and Salome