Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
This is just a personal observation. When I realized that our country was under attack by elements Of our own government, it made me feel greatly increased solidarity not only with everyone of every demographic fighting against Trump, but with the people in other nations fighting against the same sort of thing In their own countries. We were united against a common threat.

It is encouraging to know people all over the world are looking at the catastrophe that has befallen us and not just wondering wtf, America, but commiserating with us. I would not have been surprised to hear more “It’s what you deserve for your many sins !“ but what I hear is mostly kindness and sympathy. More than we deserve.

Now with the virus affecting the entire planet, the sense of being in the same boat/planet is even greater, at least for me. Over there is also over here and we share the same threats.

I wonder: When one day these global threats have subsided — if they do — will the planet retain any continued sense of being in this together? Could that be an unintended consequence?

Or will it be like the story of the two sides in a battle who took a break at Christmas to sing carols together, then resumed hostilities when break was over?