Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
Well....Gameloft.....well.

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Might have a clue what I'm doing there without having to shoot or mow down everything that moves but still worry that every static object might kill me before the depression of wandering through a hopeless dystopia drains my will to live. My impression of current gaming worlds might be a bit bleak. yeah

• 1Hug
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Though I suppose also a princess since his mom is still alive [Frankie's mom]

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
Hmm will it be the cluster that Virtual Magic Kingdom was? It was so crippled by safeguards for 8yr+ crowd that it was almost impossible to chat, not to mention the intense bullying, fraud, sex attempts, racism from players... If you could have built in other players' rooms, it would so much like SL!

The game's rules were posted on the VMK web site as "VMK Values", which were intended to help the game stay "a safe, non-threatening environment" for the many players between the ages of eight and fourteen. The rules prohibited sexual or racist language, harassment, divulging personal information, and attempts to hack the system. Violations could result in a permanent ban, which prevented users from using VMK from the ISP the violation occurred on. Despite this, attempted violations were quite common, and people attempted to get around the edited speech by formulating single words out of multiple words (e.g.: saying "I'm Tree Ears Hold").
Every player had a report button on their profile. If one player thought of something that another player did as against the VMK values, that player could report them. The report was immediately sent to the VMK staff for review, and any necessary actions were taken against that player's account. Players could also send "emergency" messages to staff without clicking the report button on another player. The main reason for this was if something was wrong with the game. (e.g.: "I logged in the morning, and all my credits were gone".) Action would be taken against a player's account for sending false or unnecessary reports. These were usually made in an attempt to bring a VMK staff member to their room, or in an effort for revenge.
Disney prohibited sharing personal information in the game (and its limited dictionary also added a technical obstacle to this). Disney's stated intent was to protect the safety and privacy of its members, but this also prevented members from having a legitimate way of reaching each other outside the game. Members of some Disney internet discussion forums got around this by indicating in their in-game signature a discussion board through which they could be reached.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Magic_Kingdom

• 1Sad
Reactions: Cindy Claveau

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Hmm will it be the cluster that Virtual Magic Kingdom was? It was so crippled by safeguards for 8yr+ crowd that it was almost impossible to chat, not to mention the intense bullying, fraud, sex attempts, racism from players... If you could have built in other players' rooms, it would so much like SL!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Magic_Kingdom
If its not an MMO, then it probably won't be an issue?

I got the impression is a single player, but I might have misread the article.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Khamon and Beebo Brink

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
If its not an MMO, then it probably won't be an issue?

I got the impression is a single player, but I might have misread the article.
Yah, looks to be single player.

I'm seeing a lot of VMK, Free Realms influences, not that that is a bad thing.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I'm just happy to see more life sims so maybe EA loses a monopoly and gets their act together.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Knutz Scorpio

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Thanks for the callout but Massively Single Player games aren't my thing.