Oh Snap! We forgot to do our 2021 predictions and resolutions!

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
My resolution for 2021 is to pay more attention to my finances.

I've taken the first small step toward retirement with a 30-hour work week. Starting this week, I'll have Fridays off for perpetual 3-day weekends (YAY!!!) but a reduced income that goes along with that extra free time. I have a fuzzy idea of what that new figure will be, and I should probably be creating budget plans to ensure we tighten our belt appropriately. Instead, I'm just going to wing it and just see where we are in a few weeks.

But I'll be paying attention!

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Why was this posted in the PRS forum?

(I think she's seriously underestimating...)

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
My second prediction for 2021 is that every forum thread on VV1 will turn into a tech support thread, eventually.
You read my mind....again.

• 1Pie
Reactions: Free

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
My second prediction for 2021 is that every forum thread on VV1 will turn into a tech support thread, eventually.

You read my mind....again.
You can prevent unwanted mind reading by fashioning a hat out of tinfoil. While a simple skull covering will work, a DEVO energy dome will block out most mind reading/control rays while increasing your natural mental energy.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
You can prevent unwanted mind reading by fashioning a hat out of tinfoil. While a simple skull covering will work, a DEVO energy dome will block out most mind reading/control rays while increasing your natural mental energy.
Hey, who said she didn't want me reading her mind?!?!

:hellokitty:

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Well that's a vintage keyboard back from 1988. In fact so old, that there is a whole episode of "8bit keys" dedicated to its restoration and also playing some samples at the end:

So yes, of course it does not sound great, because that's how state of the art keyboards sounded back then. But it might be still enough to get you started. Nowadays most keyboards though have 61 keys. Keep in mind that a full sized piano has 88.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: Noodles

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I've got a keystation61, but it was a gift from a former housemate.

I've been eyeing some of the tiny midi keyboards, because my desk is dominated by it, and there is no room for anything else on that side.
https://www.amazon.com/midiplus-32-Key-Midi-Controller-AKM320/dp/B00VHKMK64/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=midi+keyboard&qid=1610128468&sr=8-3 is well within budget, and has good ratings like the more expensive ones. but I'm waiting for now because well, still no cons = still no monies for me to play with.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
My resolution for 2021 is to pay more attention to my finances.

I've taken the first small step toward retirement with a 30-hour work week. Starting this week, I'll have Fridays off for perpetual 3-day weekends (YAY!!!) but a reduced income that goes along with that extra free time. I have a fuzzy idea of what that new figure will be, and I should probably be creating budget plans to ensure we tighten our belt appropriately. Instead, I'm just going to wing it and just see where we are in a few weeks.
It should be straightforward to estimate. Subtract 25% of your salary (assuming you had a 40 hour week), but add back the sum of your state and federal tax brackets on that 25%. Since your income will be lower, so will your taxes. If commuting expenses were significant, you save on those too, but probably taxes are the biggest reduced expense.

Lexxi

meow
SL Rez
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
2021 Resolution: Figure out why my phone suddenly decided that the language I should be using is Vietnamese. And figure out how to turn it back to English (when I look at settings, it says that my language is English (USA), but Text keeps auto-replacing everything into Vietnamese).

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Check which keyboard is default.