Oh Snap! We forgot to do our 2021 predictions and resolutions!

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I've been so wrapped up with whazzizname, learning SharePoint, and binging Overly Sarcastic Vids that I haven't even thought of this.

Might as well throw in New Year's resolutions as well...

Prediction: There will be a dramatic technical revolution in battery technology.

Resolution: I will maintain my 1500-2000 calorie/day diet, walk at least 3,000 steps per day (up from 2,000 and slowly working up to 6,000) start reading Noam Chomsky, renew my library card so I can download eBooks, master Visual Studio, C#, Python, two additional databases, and become an Open Source software contributor.

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
too busy right now watching Bama Rs melt down over the Georgia runoff

• 1Like
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
I am cautiously, VERY cautiously optimistic this will work out, Pence will do the right thing and name Biden President and in 2 years Trump will be an embarrassment to the Republican party, with a small number of LOUD conspiracy theorists who still believe him.... I also think there is like a 90% chance that there will be a lot of domestic terrorist activity protesting this result. I am optimistic about how things will look in 2 years, but getting there may be very ugly.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Yeah, I know, but I have to do it.
I do SharePoint support allllll day long. That's ma job and to be honest I enjoy it. But I will retire when everyone updates to Office 365 since it is bullet-proof for users. Mostly nothing goes wrong with it because you can't do very much. My support would consist of saying "Sorry, you can't do that in O365."

SL Rez
SLU Posts
I do SharePoint support allllll day long. That's ma job and to be honest I enjoy it. But I will retire when everyone updates to Office 365 since it is bullet-proof for users. Mostly nothing goes wrong with it because you can't do very much. My support would consist of saying "Sorry, you can't do that in O365."
I haven't used Office 365. I would like to put page footers aligned to the left on left pages and to the right on right pages with no footer on the first page of each chapter. Ms. Brink, how do I do that?

I strongly suspect stuff like that isn't possible with 365 which is why I remain with the desktop version of office.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I am cautiously, VERY cautiously optimistic this will work out, Pence will do the right thing and name Biden President and in 2 years Trump will be an embarrassment to the Republican party, with a small number of LOUD conspiracy theorists who still believe him.... I also think there is like a 90% chance that there will be a lot of domestic terrorist activity protesting this result. I am optimistic about how things will look in 2 years, but getting there may be very ugly.
It's going to be a very interesting next couple of years for sure. Trump's base will wither, but they're not going to go down without a fight. I fear your prediction about domestic terrorist activity is spot-on.

Sid

Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
I haven't used Office 365. I would like to put page footers aligned to the left on left pages and to the right on right pages with no footer on the first page of each chapter. Ms. Brink, how do I do that?

I strongly suspect stuff like that isn't possible with 365 which is why I remain with the desktop version of office.
RTFM would be my answer.
I don't think I would be any good at Beebo's job.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts

The online version is crap at header/footer format, although it is better than Google Docs at formatting. I tell my students to use the desktop version.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
My prediction for the end of 2021 is that someone will start a thread on what sucked about 2021.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
I also think there is like a 90% chance that there will be a lot of domestic terrorist activity protesting this result.
Any kind of terrorism is bad, of course. But I look at it this way: another 9/11 scale event is less than 1% of the people already dead from COVID, and the Trumpanistas are nowhere near organized enough to pull off that scale of an attack. I doubt they can match the number of police killings that happen on a regular basis.

As an example, the leader of the Proud Boys got arrested on an outstanding warrant for burning a BLM flag when he arrived in D.C. That was a misdemeanor. Then the cops found two illegally modified guns in his car, so now he's facing felony weapons charges. That's just all kinds of stupid. I agree there will be *some* violent acts. But I also think a lot of those guys will be arrested and their lives ruined, and that will scare off most of the others. I also think Trump will turn on his base, because eventually he turns on everybody. That will drive a lot of them off.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Any kind of terrorism is bad, of course. But I look at it this way: another 9/11 scale event is less than 1% of the people already dead from COVID, and the Trumpanistas are nowhere near organized enough to pull off that scale of an attack. I doubt they can match the number of police killings that happen on a regular basis.

As an example, the leader of the Proud Boys got arrested on an outstanding warrant for burning a BLM flag when he arrived in D.C. That was a misdemeanor. Then the cops found two illegally modified guns in his car, so now he's facing felony weapons charges. That's just all kinds of stupid. I agree there will be *some* violent acts. But I also think a lot of those guys will be arrested and their lives ruined, and that will scare off most of the others. I also think Trump will turn on his base, because eventually he turns on everybody. That will drive a lot of them off.
Proud Boys are basically entitled white male snowflakes who think that women exist only to serve them and make their communities by being housekeepers, cooks and baby factories, while anyone who isn't white either should be slaves to their whims, like women, or just shuffled off some place else. They don't know how to riot, don't know how to deal with cops not being on their side and are so spoiled they think the law doesn't apply to -them-.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Proud Boys are basically entitled white male snowflakes who think that women exist only to serve them and make their communities by being housekeepers, cooks and baby factories, while anyone who isn't white either should be slaves to their whims, like women, or just shuffled off some place else. They don't know how to riot, don't know how to deal with cops not being on their side and are so spoiled they think the law doesn't apply to -them-.
There's a reason they didn't choose the moniker 'Proud Men.'

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

This might help, though I've not dug into it particularly deeply:

I find Windows 10 Forums a very useful source of help and reference (though not as authoritative and helpful as Beebo, obviously).

Last edited:
  • 1LOL
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
To alternate justification of the footer in Office 365, you go to the Insert menu and hold down the header/footer to get the submenu. Under Footer, turn on Alternating and then you can format odd/even page footers separately. Also select Different First Page so you can leave a blank footer. You can also reset page numbers if you need no footer on the first page and want the second page to be Page 1.