Oh SL Group Chat, Never Change

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Not an equivalent SL story, but last week we had a division wide quarterly meeting, held on Skype. As everyone logged in and waited for the presenter to start, this happened over the audio channel:

Male Employee: singing a light-hearted song about farts

Managing Director: You are NOT on mute!

Male Employee: OH MY GOD!

(silence)

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Not an equivalent SL story, but last week we had a division wide quarterly meeting, held on Skype. As everyone logged in and waited for the presenter to start, this happened over the audio channel:

(silence)
Oh, dear Lord! Well, there are certainly worse things it could have been a song about.

Clara D.

FOR PRESIDENT 2020!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
Speaking of which, where's the group invite thread? Beezle Warburton might want back in.

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
Speaking of which, where's the group invite thread? Beezle Warburton might want back in.
If you message me inworld, I'll send you an invite this evening when I log in. 😊

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Clara D.

Cristiano

#babyyoda2020
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
If you're already in the SLU one, that group has a lot more members than the vvo one - I think the vvo one only has 19. The SLU one gets more use at this point. I'm going to try to see if I can just get it renamed by support.

Clara D.

FOR PRESIDENT 2020!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
If you're already in the SLU one, that group has a lot more members than the vvo one - I think the vvo one only has 19. The SLU one gets more use at this point. I'm going to try to see if I can just get it renamed by support.
She's not in either.

I purged group when I put that account on hiatus.

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU

(silence)
I was on a conference call and thought I was on mute when Obie, (my cat who passed away awhile ago), walked into the room and smelled like he'd been rolling in manure. I asked my cat "why are you so stinky" and suddenly I hear absolute silence on the call and then one of the engineers says asks me if I'm upset about what he did with the software and that he would not exactly refer to it as stinky. Then everyone on the call broke out in laughter. Thankfully is was just an internal call and there were no customers but I've been darn careful with mute ever since!