NYT Criticized For Reporting Details About Whistleblower

Cristiano

I AM BABY GROOT
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Earlier, the New York Times released a story saying that whistleblower at the center of the Ukraine scandal is a CIA agent who was posted at the White House previously. This happened the same day audio leaked of Trump saying that the whistleblower is like a spy and implying he or she should be killed. There has been strong blowback against NT for irresponsible journalism that puts a life at risk.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
No it is NOT important, NYT. Whether Trump committed a crime during that phone call, and whether his administration helped to cover up the wrongdoing, will be true or false all by themselves no matter who the whistleblower is or what he/she does.

I've seen this said elsewhere, and it's true: if the whistleblower had given his information directly to the NYT instead of Congress, NYT staffers would be willing to go to jail to protect his anonymity.

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
The NYT also keeps interviewing "swing" voters, who turn out to be the same people being interviewed over again. And they're not "swing" voters. They're Trump supporters.

I'm starting to become very distrustful of NYT.

Cristiano

I AM BABY GROOT
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
The NYT also keeps interviewing "swing" voters, who turn out to be the same people being interviewed over again. And they're not "swing" voters. They're Trump supporters.

I'm starting to become very distrustful of NYT.
They had to retract several stories about Hillary Clinton during the 2016 campaign - they've been unreliable for years. I trust the Washington Post a lot more.

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
Starting?!
They did still sometimes have some good breaking stories and informative articles. But the bad has been slowly, but surely, outweighing the good when it comes to how they've handled a lot of stories since Trump started running for office. They seem to have reached the breaking point.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
WHAT THE FUCK NYT!!!!!!! EVERYONE KNEW WHAT DANGER THERE WOULD BE TO THE WHISTLEBLOWER F ANYTHING ABOUT THEM WAS KNOWN!!!!

assholes

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer