Now Available: Change your name in Second Life

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
the headers mentions last names but you can change either or both. Last name still has to be picked from a list...

names are limited supply so the list will most likely rotate.

- 40 dollar fee each time
- have to be premium already.

Now Available: Last Names in Second Life

Edit: Unknown if legacy last names will be available... i believe the original lastname is still tied to the UUID somehow in the bankend and they don't want to break scripts.

Edit2: Current list under my account. from what i was told List might be different for each person. Depending on account age some legacy names might be available.

Last edited:

Knutz Scorpio

SL Rez
Joined SLU
02-15-2014
Just hurried over to secondlife.com to try to snatch up "Freddie Mercury" and it appears you still don't get the last name option other then Resident when creating the account, have to pay for premium THEN pay for a name change.

Um, yea .... no

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Just hurried over to secondlife.com to try to snatch up "Freddie Mercury" and it appears you still don't get the last name option other then Resident when creating the account, have to pay for premium THEN pay for a name change.

Um, yea .... no
yup we jsut spoke about this in discord. new accounts are still locked to last name Resident

• 1Facepalm
Reactions: Clara D.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Nobody would fork up $ 40 for a name change if you could get it for free with a new alt, so it is totally logical for LL to keep Resident as the standard.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Wesleytron

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Nobody would fork up $ 40 for a name change if you could get it for free with a new alt, so it is totally logical for LL to keep Resident as the standard.
They are one step ahead of you. You can't get a last name with an alt without paying either - when you create a new account, you get Resident and have to pay to change to another last name.

Also, a lot of people will pay - our inventories aren't transferable to an alt.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Wesleytron

Val

n00b!1
Joined SLU
03/07/2017
SLU Posts
I would not pay a quid for the dubious pleasure of of being called Crispy Crisp which is the only pun I could come up with based on the options available. I would maybe pay up to 10 quid for our old options to be back.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
And toss away my inventory? Yeah sure...

Dragon

Rawr.
I was very surprised this afternoon to receive an email from Derrick Linden -- apparently I had won the contest and one of my suggested surnames was chosen. I'm really happy to have gotten the free name change and I've already submitted as I need to do, to receive my prize. Only, it's been so long that I actually CANNOT remember which name I submitted that's in the list! I might have submitted some seven surnames! :facepalm: Ravenhurst and Bellisserian sound like things I may have submitted though, they ring an odd bell.

But hooray, free name change! :dance:

Edit: If it interests anyone, I was told I could choose only from the new surnames, not other surnames used in the past.

Last edited:

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Kinda wanting to change my name to "32Bit Float" right now, but shoot I have too much else more important to spend $40 on right now.

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Congratulations Dragon ! I wondered if there'd suddenly be a plethora of Fates running around. It is the best surname evah after all.

eku zhong

Zhonging along.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Mar 2009
SLU Posts
Some serving suggestions for the new names...
Fakeda Takeda
BigFat Littlepaws
Donald Littlepaws
Orange Littlepaws
Meaty Yeetly
Romeo Alpha
Kennyone Alpha (say it fast 5 times.. I dare you)
Very Mysterious
Witchum Hexem
Flatasa Pancake
Never Atheria
Spindly Jazzhands
Sticky Jazzhands
Pudding Plumday
Yello Puddles
Roasty Piggins
Another Conundrum
Perezoso Nova
Drumph Covfefe
Flatulence Melodious
Kuishinbo Ichibara (食いしん坊一腹)
Cojones Damballar
Dumberand Damballar
Tea4the Timmerman
JayKay Rowley
Takemetoyour Leeder
Corny Heartsong
Spitty Alpaca
Fart Cloud

More after lunch.. but feel free to add to the pile...

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
At least it is a good customer service, gold digging sugarbabes will identify milkable dumbinant sugardads with moneys to burn by their "Leeder" and "Alpha" tags...

• 1Like
Reactions: Cindy Claveau

Roxie Marten

A member in good standing of the usual suspects
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I hope they don't open up legacy names. This may sound a little weird. I like it that as far as I know I am the first Roxie in SL and only one of a hand full of Martens that still play. I had toyed with the idea of having a Marten family reunion event :rolleyes: