Non-Mesh Female clothing

Sunshine Carami

No Dude, am not new...just another lurker
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2008
SLU Posts
I still have not adapted to a mesh body ...okay, I'm a dinosaur! I'd love to find some really nice clothing for the old system body. The stores I remember either have adapted to mesh bodies (understandable!) or are no longer around. Can y'all give some suggestions?

Thank you!

ETA: I've found some items at SF Design and Avid Gothic. Will update when/if I find more

Last edited:

Puretone

Still Pancakes alt (Roxy Couturier)
Joined SLU
Feb 2011
SLU Posts
I'm sorry, I shop a lot, and cannot remember the last time I saw system clothing. There are some skinmakers, like Lumae / Ritual that still supply whole skins (there are more than a few that sell the 'body' part of the skin without the face, at all.

My best guess for system clothing would be MP, at least until BoM picks up steam. Then you might see more system layer clothing.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Cristalle

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
Most people want mesh, even for skintight dresses and such. There used to be an event called anyBody that was supposed to cater to applier clothing but even they got pressured into offering fitted mesh (which, ironically, does not fit every body).Very few people make applier clothing anymore. I know of some (Larry Jeans, for example) but I can't think of many. If you peruse the discount sections of older stores, you may find system clothing and stuff that has been adapted to Omega. Perhaps search the market for Omega appliers, and if you find actual women's clothing you may find that they sell the Omega clothing alongside the system clothing.

Milly

Do you want to avoid mesh clothing completely or just mesh clothing fitted for mesh bodies? Because there are some stores that still have clothes for classic bodies with the Standard Sizing so they also have the alpha layers you need. I'm not sure your style but Sn@tch has older items in their outlet that are for non mesh and also in their older current releases have mesh clothes that come in standard sizing AND offer system clothes with a lot of the omega appliers.

I also say some mesh clothes in standard sizes at Beautiful Dirty Rich but you need to read the vendors carefully because not all of them do. I don't believe they had any system clothes available.

Maggy Hazelnut

Cat Herder
Joined SLU
March 2009
SLU Posts
I agree with Milly - check with Sn@tch. They have a lotta clothes in standard sizing plus system clothes. Be sure to check the upstairs part of the store too.

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
Classic is also a good search term in the marketplace. You will find things fitted for classic bodies, and it should also turn up system clothing.

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
A lot of mesh will still work, just takes shape adjustment.

Ducknipple is another place with mesh that works for Classic AV's.

Conifer Dada

There's always time for another coffee.
SL Rez
I still use a classic 'system' avatar and quite a lot of system clothing to go with it. System clothing is fine for close-fitting clothes generally. For looser clothing mesh is a lot better - especially skirts, dresses or jackets. I still wear system jeans that I found in the LL starter library years ago! I've tried mesh jeans but none fit as well as the system ones. Anyway you only notice the better detailing on the mesh jeans from close up.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Milly

Izzie's has several boxes of old stuff for sale for 10L they are a variety of things mostly for non mesh bodies

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Amity Slade

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Oct 2010
SLU Posts
This is a year late, but I recently went looking for system clothes for my system avatar. I went through my folders of ancient clothing, and checked Marketplace to see which merchants were still selling system clothes. Here are some that are still around on Marketplace:

Hudson's Clothing Co.
BlakOpal Designs
Reasonable Desires
Pixeldolls

Two others still on Marketplace make great clothes, but still charging the old prices:

{Indyra}
Nyte'N'Day
Designing Nicky Ree

And the in-world store for BareRose seems to have all their system clothes still up (no copy though, I don't like that because I need to edit prim parts)