Nobody Virtually Really Cares

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Probably not wow enough for a thread but just in case it may interest some of you while you are self-isolating... if there was already a Nobody Cares thread here, apologies.

Sid

Coffee lover.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
It explains perfectly why goggles never will reach mainstream.

Free

she/feline
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Dumdedumdum!

Oculus will soon require all of its virtual reality headset users to sign up with a Facebook account. The Facebook-owned company says it will start removing support for separate Oculus accounts in October, although users can maintain an existing account until January 1st, 2023. All users can maintain a distinct “VR profile” with a separate friends list.

Starting later this year, you’ll only be able to sign up for an Oculus account through Facebook. If you already have an account, you’ll be prompted to permanently merge your account. If you don’t, you’ll be able to use the headset normally until 2023, at which point official support will end.

• 1Screwdriver
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Free

she/feline
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
What's in a name?

Facebook’s annual Oculus Connect conference will be held online-only on September 16th — and it’s being rebranded as Facebook Connect, part of the social giant’s gradual assimilation of its virtual reality subsidiary.

Connect 2020 will be publicly streamed online, a change Facebook announced in April. Like the past few years’ events, it will cover a mix of virtual and augmented reality news from Facebook. But unlike previous years, it’s not being framed as a VR conference. Instead it’s the first outing for “Facebook Reality Labs,” a name that now covers all Facebook’s VR and AR efforts. That includes Oculus, which focuses on VR games and headsets; Spark AR, Facebook’s phone-based AR system; and the Portal videophone.

Adeon Writer

Yeah Oculus is pretty much dead to... pretty much everyone I know. I certainly won't be recommending their hardware anymore.

Which is unfortunate, someone else needs to swoop in and make a standalone headset so Facebook doesn't have a monopoly on it and become the Apple of VR.

• 1Like
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Textured Surface

Anyone who didn't see this coming when Facebook bought Oculus is blind and far too trusting.
I am patiently awaiting my Reverb G2 having sold my Rift-S directly due to this.
I was blind and far too trusting.