Nobody Is Above The Law-this Tuesday

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008

I just want to make as many people aware of this as I can. There will be rallies nationwide on Tuesday, December 17th, to show Trump and our Congress that nobody...NOBODY...including a President...is above the law. This is being sponsored by MoveOn, and many other organizations. There are currently 533 locations, so if you're so inclined and able, you can check if there is one near you. I hope everyone who can, shows up. The impeachment of this corrupt and criminal President is important. We need to show the country AND the world that Democracy is important and we will NOT allow this corruption.

"Nobody Is Above the Law" Events

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
Did any other single person on this forum attend a rally tonight?

Anyone???

Bueller???

• 1Hug
Reactions: Isabeau

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
If we were ....wouldn't that be meddling in US elections? Like us telling our opinion on him is as well already :kittyball:

On the other hand I cannot wait to see him lashing out on the rallies. It's just so much fun watching his facade break down.

• 1Like
Reactions: Shiloh Lyric

Tracer

I went to my local one in the Portsmouth NH. It was pretty good for a small city, there was a brass band, the I M P E A C H letter signs, and so on. Lots of cars driving by honked and waved, and only about three yelled something pro-Trump.

• 1Yay!
Reactions: Shiloh Lyric

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008

Doesn't seem like too many. Are people feeling impeachment fatigue? Or thinking it won't change anything because GOP won't vote for it?
There were over 600 rallies and they happened in all 50 states. I don't know what the total of protesters will end up being, but estimates were in the hundreds of thousands. Times Square, alone, had several thousand, from my understanding. I'm hoping the couple/few hundred thousand estimates are correct, but I don't know that any rally gets a really accurate count. There were *about* 150 in Lancaster, but people were coming and going the whole time, so that was a projected average from my understanding. And in this County (which is pretty red, overall), and Country, to get that many people out in mid-December on a week night is actually pretty good. I've been to other rallies in the City where there weren't nearly that many. It was actually kind of hopeful for a change, because there WAS a bigger crowd than expected.

I really wish, though, that any American who believes in our Constitution and the Rule Of Law, and who is physically capable, would show up at these things. It's very discouraging to see so many people on Social Media who complain about Trump and about what' s happening, but who find getting up from behind their computers or off of their phones to put actions behind their words too difficult to do most of the time. I do know that many people are physically not capable of marching or standing for any period of time at a rally, but there are still plenty of able-bodied people who don't bother. Yet they'll be some of the first to moan about "why has this happened" when Trump is allowed to just continue his abuse unabated.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...there is NO Calvary coming to save us. There is no government body who can or will do it all on their own. WE are the People, and WE need to make our voices heard. And that so many of us are not bothering is disheartening, to put it mildly.

Last edited:

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I appreciate those that can and do go, but there are multiple ways to resist. This particular gathering was to implore the House to do what they are 99.99% sure to do, vote to impeach, so many may not feel the urgency.

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Why is it that Doug Collins of GA sounds like a backwoods hick and John Lewis of GA sounds like a normal person.

I generally like southern accents, but not this awful nasal whine.

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
I appreciate those that can and do go, but there are multiple ways to resist. This particular gathering was to implore the House to do what they are 99.99% sure to do, vote to impeach, so many may not feel the urgency.
Well, they should. Because it IS urgent. And it's important that our Congressional Representatives and Senators see that we believe it's urgent and we feel it's important. They hear from Trumpsters, they also need to hear from US.

So, people can make 1 minute phone calls to their Rep and Senators, then. Are they? Because, again, I see a lot of bitching and complaining on social media, but I don't see a lot of "I called my Rep and told him/her...". Unless it's in FB groups which I'm a part of for activist reasons, I don't see that happening. So, yeah, if we're quiet, THEY will definitely not feel any sense of urgency, because they figure we just don't care. And let's face it...if it involves actually doing something, a lot of us Americans don't.

Meanwhile, in Hong Kong, they go strong for months at a time. We have problems getting out for 1 hour rallies or making 1 minute phone calls.

So, if/when Trump is re-elected, we can just say we didn't feel the "urgency". And continue complaining.

• 1Like
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Isabeau and Pamela

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
The Republicans in the House sure are twisting themselves into apoplectic pretzels of pure hateful hyperbole trying to turn the facts, and the Dems, on their heads. The Dems aren't having it. Just posted a couple of lowlights in the other impressment thread.
I'm just thinking, I hope all the Dems have good security people, because they must be getting hella lot of death threats.

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Well, they should. Because it IS urgent. And it's important that our Congressional Representatives and Senators see that we believe it's urgent and we feel it's important. They hear from Trumpsters, they also need to hear from US.

So, people can make 1 minute phone calls to their Rep and Senators, then. Are they? Because, again, I see a lot of bitching and complaining on social media, but I don't see a lot of "I called my Rep and told him/her...". Unless it's in FB groups which I'm a part of for activist reasons, I don't see that happening. So, yeah, if we're quiet, THEY will definitely not feel any sense of urgency, because they figure we just don't care. And let's face it...if it involves actually doing something, a lot of us Americans don't.

Meanwhile, in Hong Kong, they go strong for months at a time. We have problems getting out for 1 hour rallies or making 1 minute phone calls.

So, if/when Trump is re-elected, we can just say we didn't feel the "urgency". And continue complaining.
I approve of those who pour into the street to demonstrate. And those who give money. And those who canvass. And those who do social media. And those patriotic representatives and career govt employees. And those who make phone calls.

If you can, and do, do all of this and more, that’s great. But there is little to be gained by criticizing how others resist because we may know nothing about what they have to work with.

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
Whatever.

If he wins next November, I'll know I did what I could. And I REALLY don't want to hear the whining and complaining from other's who were capable, but chose not to.

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Whatever.

If he wins next November, I'll know I did what I could.
You did what you could? Does that mean you did everything you could?

Like most people, I don’t have resources to do everything I possibly could. I have decided what my contributions will be, and it’s not “everything”. And like many others, It’s not going to involve standing for long periods of time.

Maybe in addition to monitoring who is in the street, we should keep track of how much money people give so we know who is justified in complaining if Trump is re-elected?

Eunoli

SLU Cassandra
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
I was unfortunately stuck in a very isolated, tiny town for work during this. There weren't any protests and if there had been, they would have been on the other side. It was supremely annoying and left me feeling guilty as hell - but I was already there when the protests got planned.

The sad fact is that people have grown more than complacent in the US. They think that making a wry comment on a forum board or social media is protesting and can bring change.

This can't be a one protest moment. It needs to be protest after protest, day after day once the Senate trial starts. I'll be out there.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
If we were ....wouldn't that be meddling in US elections? Like us telling our opinion on him is as well already :kittyball:

On the other hand I cannot wait to see him lashing out on the rallies. It's just so much fun watching his facade break down.
Commentators were remarking on the bizarre split screen. On one half was numbers clearly showing him trending to impeachment .... on the other him saying it does not 'feel' like he is being impeached?

So I guess donnie know what it feels like to be impeached? Well, he certainly does now.

Eunoli

SLU Cassandra
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Commentators were remarking on the bizarre split screen. On one half was numbers clearly showing him trending to impeachment .... on the other him saying it does not 'feel' like he is being impeached?
Just watch. They'll be calling it fake news within a few weeks.