Nobody Is Above The Law-this Tuesday

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
You did what you could? Does that mean you did everything you could?

Like most people, I don’t have resources to do everything I possibly could. I have decided what my contributions will be, and it’s not “everything”. And like many others, It’s not going to involve standing for long periods of time.

Maybe in addition to monitoring who is in the street, we should keep track of how much money people give so we know who is justified in complaining if Trump is re-elected?
Yes, there are other ways to help but money is just one way. For example ....

Passing along information to get people more physically/fiscally active involved.

Lobbying in some way. Especially if you can get to a congressional office or congress itself.

Supporting anyone affected (for example, the recent spike in hate crimes against various groups).

Voting.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Did any other single person on this forum attend a rally tonight?

Anyone???

Bueller???
I did. I didn't get any pictures, but I was there with about 30 other attendees in this smallish, mostly-conservative town. There were a lot of car honks, but also a lot of middle fingers. I couldn't stay long though.

Kamilah Hauptmann

A bit of a wanker
SL Rez
I did. I didn't get any pictures, but I was there with about 30 other attendees in this smallish, mostly-conservative town. There were a lot of car honks, but also a lot of middle fingers. I couldn't stay long though.

That goes for the fascists with their widdle middle fingers too.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Why is it that Doug Collins of GA sounds like a backwoods hick and John Lewis of GA sounds like a normal person.
Collin's district is the NE corner of Georgia, which are the Appalachian mountains next to North Carolina & Tennessee. In other words, redneck hillbilly country. Lewis is originally from the "Black Belt" part of Alabama (former plantation area with high percentage black population today). He attended a Baptist seminary before becoming a civil rights activist, so he probably picked up public speaking skills. His district covers most of central Atlanta, which is a diverse urban population.

Zaida Gearbox

Doesn't seem like too many. Are people feeling impeachment fatigue? Or thinking it won't change anything because GOP won't vote for it?
Both....

I've made it through the last 3 years without unfriending anyone over politics. But, today I had to put on my FB - If you think comparing the impeachment of this mud monster dumpster fire of a human being to the crucifixon of the holy Son of God is in any way appropriate - please unfriend me. I don't want to know you.

Romana

SL Rez
What did the Tweet say?
Wow, I didn't know it had been removed.
It said something along the lines of "we all think abortion is awful and mustn't be tolerated, but tRump us worse and should be removed" but I don't remember everything about the second part.
I wonder why they removed it?
They'd gotten more supportive comments than backlash last I saw.
Maybe some MAGAts threatened to shoot up their offices or ham their families.
Because Christianity (as MAGAts see it, that is).

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Zaida Gearbox

I can see why Twitter would remove that - it could be interpreted as a back handed threat against the President.

Romana

SL Rez
I can see why Twitter would remove that - it could be interpreted as a back handed threat against the President.
They leave a lot worse threats against politicians and celebrities up.
I know they leave his tweets alone (though they said they were going to hide inflammatory tweets by world leaders and such) but it shouldn't be one file for him and his age another for everyone else on social media, either.
(Autocorrect originally rendered that as "suicidal media". Maybe it had a point.)

• 1Agree

Kamilah Hauptmann

A bit of a wanker
SL Rez
Twitter cannot afford having the president removed. If that ever happens half their daily site views crumble in an instant :kittyball:
Imagine having the ability to reduce the odds of a nuclear conflict by banning one user. And not doing it.

Credit: Tom Tomorrow, I think

Romana

SL Rez
They did say a while back that they would hide inflammatory content from politicians and other leaders. I assumed it would be behind some sort of spoiler tags so that people who wanted to see it could.
They didn't do it.
Their keyword filtering stinks too.
And they still put posts in my feed from people I don't follow, which end up being almost all political.
The only way I can avoid most of it is by sticking to Ziggy's Twitter account.

• 1Thanks

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Yeah, I follow a few people; one political type, some celebrities I like, and some cute feeds [mostly because I claimed a version of my name to keep someone else from using it, just in case I decided to write or something].

Every one I follow is, if political at all, heavily skewed left. Twitter seems to think I wanna see Dana Loesch [I don't] and other right wing assholes.

• 1Hug