Nobody Cares: Technology-only Edition

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez

While the rest of him is diminutive, President Carter's feet nevertheless seem absolutely enormous.
The solution to the mystery is a wide angle lens.
I didn't think they distorted that much, though. Can't help wondering if they could've fixed some of that in Photoshop.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

bubblesort

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I am up around $2500 on my $5 in DOGE coin from ages ago and I am not sure how to feel about that given I generally think Crypto coin is a scam.

If it manages to actually hit $1 I will probably find a way cash out.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
I am up around $2500 on my $5 in DOGE coin from ages ago and I am not sure how to feel about that given I generally think Crypto coin is a scam.

If it manages to actually hit $1 I will probably find a way cash out.

Get that kickass new system.

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
Shit, I have my wallet still on an old drive somewhere . . .

And no idea whatsoever what the password is!

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Shit, I have my wallet still on an old drive somewhere . . .

And no idea whatsoever what the password is!
I had to dig mine out

It took months but I finally got it to sync up and be usable.

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
I had to dig mine out

It took months but I finally got it to sync up and be usable.
Mine was on a note in a password manager.

Which didn't transfer over to the new password manager.

There's a vague chance that it's in some randomly named spreadsheet that I occasionally back up passwords to.

Which, because it's all the passwords, is likely password protected. Which I won't remember.

lolz.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Govi

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Mine was on a note in a password manager.

Which didn't transfer over to the new password manager.

There's a vague chance that it's in some randomly named spreadsheet that I occasionally back up passwords to.

Which, because it's all the passwords, is likely password protected. Which I won't remember.

lolz.
This is why I have a little system. I can usually guess.

On an unrelated side note, after working on it for like an hour before work this morning, I have managed to get half of my DOGE into Bitpay, and picked out something nice on Newegg, so once the stars align, it's new PC time.

I have been thinking of upgrading anyway for a while, my machine works well, but the processor is almost ten years old and the GPU is not amazing. But I decided against it because GPUs are a pain to find now and as I said, it works well enough (it was all "pretty high end" 10 years ago).

It will also be nice because I can take my current machine and make it my new project machine. I keep hitting road blocks because my current project machine is only 32bit, and Increasingly need 64bit do things like learn docker.

Also if this happens, it will be the first time I had a new case in like 20+ years. The one I have now is the same beige box I bought the first time I built a PC.

So screw it, I'll dump a bunch of funny coins on an overpriced prebuilt.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Wait, what

A couple of months ago it was already revealed that MS was changing the old File Explorer icons for things like folders and drives and the Recycle Bin. This time apparently it's the actual shell32 icon list that's being replaced:

These are the little icons that Windows calls for things like pop-up dialog boxes, system utility apps, and the Control Panel. Like the article says, this file was originally created for Windows 95 and every subsequent Windows release has just added icons as needed for new features and use-cases without ever updating the already-existing ones. Looks like that's about to change...

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts

Get that kickass new system.
Such wow, so excite.

So the price has been steadily rising on DOGE, 50 cents, 60 cents, 70 cents. Then it dipped back a bit and held a bit. I seriously considered Friday just dumping it all into the PC and being done with Crypto.

I really do not believe in Crypto being the future of anything and I feel like it's on the verge of being torn down by the world governments over it's environmental problems and lack of regulation problems.

But I figured, people keep talking about Elon promoting it on SNL and I figure, if it's going to spike, that will be the time.

Well, it did spike, back down to 50 cents, and it's been slowly dropping.

Which is why when it was around 55 cents, I dumped it all and bought this, which wasn't my first choice, but the only real difference is the tacky neon case on this one.

In the past I have built but I wanted a strong GPU and they are impossible to get.

Basically each of my previous desktop PCs lasted around 10 years with minor upgrades along the way, I imagine this will as well.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Didn't Musk also found CEO of Tesla too boring as a title, and relabeled it to Technoking of Tesla?

Last edited: