Nobody Cares: Technology-only Edition

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Intel finally got too much pressure from investors, because their are failing at so many projects right now and loosing to much market share everywhere, and hired a new CEO. His name is Pat Gelsinger, at the moment CEO from VMWare, and Ex-Intel employee until 2009, where he was CTO back then.

Probably a good choice; Gelsinger knows Intel, many success stories were driven by him and he left Intel before it became really bad.

• 2Thanks
Reactions: Khamon and Free

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
The American chip maker start up Nuvia, which is roughly only one year old, has been acquired by Qualcomm for 1.4 billion US$.

Founder and CEO of Nuvia is Gerard Williams III, who was until beginning of 2020 Chief CPU Architect at Apple, before that 12 years with ARM. Similar heavy weights coming from all kind of companies like ATI/AMD, Google, Broadcam and others are also working for Nuvia.

This very important news, because the only company so far which has been able to produce an ARM CPU, which can compete against Intel and AMD performance wise is Apple. This basically means that they are not buying the company for its product, but the knowledge behind Apple CPUs. If the authorities allow the acquisition analysts expect Qualcomm to drastically improve the performance of their own ARM CPUs.

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Grandma Bates

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Corporations are people (according to current law, that is), but you can't put 'em in prison.
But now they can only be on less prestigious boards, and only make millions of dollars, not hundreds of millions. Plus they will make less on speaking fees, and have less visibility on the glamor business magazines and cable TV shows and websites. Think of the poor stock options!! People are crying in their mansions and at their exlusive club houses. They may even have to let go of their live-in chefs, reduce their maid sevice, and wash their own cars! All because a few grubby brown people failed to pack their swim trunks and flotation devices for an unscheduled ocean resort destination. So unfair...

SL Rez
SLU Posts
But now they can only be on less prestigious boards, and only make millions of dollars, not hundreds of millions. Plus they will make less on speaking fees, and have less visibility on the glamor business magazines and cable TV shows and websites. Think of the poor stock options!! People are crying in their mansions and at their exlusive club houses. They may even have to let go of their live-in chefs, reduce their maid sevice, and wash their own cars! All because a few grubby brown people failed to pack their swim trunks and flotation devices for an unscheduled ocean resort destination. So unfair...
You're being facetious but it isn't the ceos or boards of those companies that will lose money necessarily. It is the corporation itself.

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Can you imagine how terrifying that is to someone who's massively distracted by so-called "background" music that it seems most people don't even hear?

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I wonder if you can combine it with the standard anti-virus test file?

• 1Minion
Reactions: Clara D.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Google realized that many third party viewers based on Chromium, like Brave, Vivaldi, Microsoft Edge and others are using their private APIs like Chrome Sync. Because it's part of the source.

Google will terminate third party access to it 15th of March.

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
"Bill Gates personally taught us to shoot our own feet off!" - Google

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
"Bill Gates personally taught us to shoot our own feet off!" - Google
"I did not!" ~Bill Gates, as he was putting his slippers on

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Google realized that many third party viewers based on Chromium, like Brave, Vivaldi, Microsoft Edge and others are using their private APIs like Chrome Sync. Because it's part of the source.

Google will terminate third party access to it 15th of March.

I see. Thanks. If I properly understand that, then, it will mean I can no longer synch all my settings and links when I log in on Vivaldi on different machines?

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
It means you will be unable to sync it longer using Google's services. Chances are high of course that Vivaldi is just going to replace this with their own solution until March.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
This says you need a Vivaldi account to sync so they are already.