Nobody Cares! (Science & Tech Edition)

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Somebody is spying on low income American's smartphones:
Low-end smartphones sold to Americans with low-income via a government-subsidized program contain unremovable malware, security firm Malware bytes said today in a report.
The smartphone model is Unimax (UMX) U686CL, a low-end Android-based smartphone made in China and sold by Assurance Wireless, a cell phone service provider part of the Virgin Mobile group.
The telco sells cell phones part of Lifeline, a government program that subsidizes phone service for low-income Americans.

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
Somebody is spying on low income American's smartphones:
Low-end smartphones sold to Americans with low-income via a government-subsidized program contain unremovable malware, security firm Malware bytes said today in a report.
The smartphone model is Unimax (UMX) U686CL, a low-end Android-based smartphone made in China and sold by Assurance Wireless, a cell phone service provider part of the Virgin Mobile group.
The telco sells cell phones part of Lifeline, a government program that subsidizes phone service for low-income Americans.

I wouldn't be surprised if cheap ZTE's have the same problem. Mine is pseudo-smart (a crippled version of Android you can't actually do anything with).

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
You don't need to smoke to go hang out with the smokers at the back dock.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Remember the somewhat creepy Japanese "virtual companion" gadget whereby you get a cute little Anime AI waifu in a jar?

As part of a cruel feminazi plot to make incels learn Japanese, A US company has reworked the concept to use them as virtual assistants in a variety of contexts

Via

which contains an entertaining account of the howls of rage this has caused in certain quarters.

Last edited:

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Remember the somewhat creepy Japanese "virtual companion" gadget whereby you get a cute little Anime AI waifu in a jar?

As part of a cruel feminazi plot to make incels learn Japanese, A US company has reworked the concept to use them as virtual assistants in a variety of contexts
If I can get Robert Carlyle in a jar, here's my money.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts

Via

which contains an entertaining account of the howls of rage this has caused in certain quarters.
I think a holographic anime girl would be cool, but I would soon be disappointed if she didn’t break out of the jar, evolve into Skynet and take over the world.