Nobody Cares! (Science & Tech Edition)

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I was checking if the device just was not showing an icon due to finder settings or maybe it was not mounting (usually not plugged in all the way). It just did not occur to me someone may have shoved it in the wrong port.

She did not know what model of a mac laptop either (from the quick look it seems it was the same as mine but they have been the same for a few years). I am guessing her SO bought it as they know how to deal with them. It is just when people do stuff like that they give all mac users a bad name.

I will *never* understand users.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
The attorneys-general of 48 states, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia have opened state-level antitrust investigations into Google's advertising business, a move many suspect is intended to pressure federal investigators not to cop out or lose interest in federal-level investigations against the company, or a hedge in case the feds do abandon the case or accept what the states deem to be a weak or ineffectual result. On Friday, nine AGs announced similar investigations into Facebook's activities.

• 1Thanks

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Honestly, how does someone even do that without noticing something is wrong? Like the fact that the socket has this huge space above and below the usb.
Shoot if I was the user I would've been taking a closer look just based on the fact that a USB-A connector wants me to think it went in right the first time.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
The attorneys-general of 48 states, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia have opened state-level antitrust investigations into Google's advertising business, a move many suspect is intended to pressure federal investigators not to cop out or lose interest in federal-level investigations against the company, or a hedge in case the feds do abandon the case or accept what the states deem to be a weak or ineffectual result. On Friday, nine AGs announced similar investigations into Facebook's activities.
Bumpiity bump because holy shit.

• 1Agree

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Shoot if I was the user I would've been taking a closer look just based on the fact that a USB-A connector wants me to think it went in right the first time.
I already had a usb device plugged into it too. It would make sense to me if there was another usb a port it might be next to that one. Or at least to ask if they could remove that device so they could use the port.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I've seen things you people can't imagine.
Barracudas on fire in a dark server room*.
USB cables plugged into HDMI ports.
All these idiots will be lost in time...
... no they won't...
... these people will always be with us...
... always...
... time to cry.

* Yes, literally, flames shooting out of the case. Seagate AF.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
So I juat got an ad in an app for a thing called Palmistry Decoder where it takes your camera and scans your hand, fingerprints and all.
How long have you to live, what's your next romantic entanglement, and what kind of phone are you getting next year?

• 1LOL

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The Food and Drug Administration on Monday came out swinging at e-cigarette giant Juul over a variety of its unproven safety claims and startling marketing practices—most notably saying without evidence that its products are safer than smoking traditional cigarettes and giving presentations directly to kids in schools—in at least one alleged case, without teachers present or parental consent.
Too cool for school, Juul!

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Who the hell thought letting a.vapencompany give resentations in schools was a good idea.

Someone needs to take a note of all of the execs and board members etc so that when this shit is discovered to be worse than cigs/etc and the inevitable massive lawsuit comes, they get held accountable even if they have jumped ship.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
"giving presentations directly to kids in schools—in at least one alleged case, without teachers present or parental consent"
"giving presentations directly to kids in schools—in at least one alleged case, without teachers present or parental consent"

Pardon me while I carefully boggle my mind.

I'm sure it's safer than cigarettes, huffing asbestos, or mainlining industrial waste, but damn.

• 1Agree

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

The replies are worth reading (including his observation that once the lemon is metabolised, it's not a lemon any more, which is what metabolising things is all about).

Nevertheless, since he's contradicting what Gwyneth Paltrow says, he must be wrong, it seems.

Last edited:
  • 1Agree

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Just a bit of a random complaint on technology.

I have noticed that a lot of technology themed forums, have become increasingly paranoid, especially about privacy.

I mean, privacy is good and everything, but I am talking to a level beyond "Trust no one" and more into "Everyone is out to get ME".

• 1Thanks