Nobody Cares: PRS

Tigger

not on speaking terms with the voices in my head
I dunno, maybe a phone sex line will be a better way of preventing suicides, at least you'll feel better by the time you've followed their instructions.

(yeah I know, inappropriate humour but still...)

• 1Beer
Reactions: Kamilah Hauptmann

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Fiat-Chrysler and Peugeot SA want to merge. If this merger would happen, the result would be the 3rd biggest car manufacturer in the world with brands like Peugeot, Citroen, Fiat, Chrysler, Ferarri, Jeep, Lancia, Dacia, Dodge, Maserati, Opel/Vauxhall amongst others.

Last edited:

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Fiat-Chrysler and Peugeot SA want to merge. If this merger would happen, the result would be the 3rd biggest car manufacturer in the world with brands like Peugeot, Citroen, Fiat, Chrysler, Ferarri, Jeep, Lancia, Dacia, Dodge, Maserati, Opel/Vauxhall amongst others.

It was announced today.

It's official: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and PSA Groupe intend to merge operations.

The companies early Thursday announced their plans for a 50-50 joint shareholder-owned entity that they said would save $4.11 billion (3.7 billion euro) annually without plant closures. The companies would have combined revenues of $189.06 billion (170 billion euro) with profits of more than $12.23 billion (11 billion euro) based on 2018 figures.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
And the global HQ of the new corporation should be located in the Netherlands according to the plan. I really wonder what the French are going to say about this.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
How long do you think until all that's left is "Car Corporation"?

• 1Agree

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Maybe we sooner end up in a time period where kids ask "Grandpa, what was a car again?"
"Did you guys really drive in those things without fearing for your lives?"
I mean the concept is more then 120 years old by now and with all the environmental issues.... development of new kind of vehicles can go fast now.

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Internet scams aren't new, but still, I just find this incredibly sad. It's on W5 tonight on CTV but not sure many of you have CTV but here's a small article.

On October 9, 2018, Colleen ended her life. The RCMP was called. They read the suicide note where Colleen documented how she had given over almost $1 million. But the RCMP did no investigation into the fraud. They didn’t even open her computer to look for clues.

So W5 did what police failed to do. We took Colleen’s computer to a forensic investigator in Toronto, who cracked her password in less than one second.
Copying the hard drive, we were able to see that Colleen had been doing Google searches for protection orders, women’s shelters and the RCMP. She clearly thought her life was in real danger. And then there were the thousands of chats, with someone who went by the name of Ryan Scott, an online man she had fallen in love with. Little did she know that Ryan was a fraud and his photos were stolen from someone else to carry out an elaborate scam.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Encouraging story, for once:

Tired musician leaves his violin on the London Underground on his way home, and opportunistic thief finds it and makes off with it.

Violin turns out to be an antique worth £250,000 ($325,000) and thief's image is captured by CCTV.

Terrified thief now just wants to get the damn thing back to its rightful owner without getting himself prosecuted for a pretty major theft. Owner just wants his irreplaceable violin safely back.

Fortunately -- not least because the owner has an old friend who is a former Metropolitan Police officer -- the British Transport Police cooperate in organising a safe handover, and all ends happily.

Speaking to the Guardian, [retired detective Mike] Pannett said: “It was quite obvious to me and the detectives [at the BTP] that whoever had this violin was desperate to get it back but was panicking because they didn’t want to get into trouble.

“I knew from my experience that we weren’t dealing with a hardened criminal. We were dealing with somebody who had initially made a bit of a mistake [in picking up the violin] and had panicked.”

It took two days of negotiations to persuade Gene to show up with the violin.

Pannett said: “There was no ransom, we just appealed to his better nature. It was a combination of reassurance and human decency that this was a serious piece of history and that we wanted it back. It was: ‘Get it back to us, reassured that you’re not just going to be jumped on and arrested.’

“We were just stressed that we wanted a positive outcome, but it did take a while.”

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
In yesterday's Weird News, I learned that people who have no problem constantly and endlessly ragging on millennials are really tender about being called boomers for some reason. Like even just being called one sets them right the heck off.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Meet the first non profit 501(c)(3) status American newspaper, the Salt Lake Tribune!

Much to their surprise the IRS did not ask many questions, and just almost effortlessly granted them that status.

Last edited:

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
In yesterday's Weird News, I learned that people who have no problem constantly and endlessly ragging on millennials are really tender about being called boomers for some reason. Like even just being called one sets them right the heck off.

• 1Agree