Nobody Cares: PRS

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Mexico announces legal action against US over El Paso shooting

Mexican officials have angrily denounced the mass shooting in El Paso and announced a series of unusual actions to protect Mexicans in the United States – including possibly charging the perpetrator in Mexican courts.

President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador said six Mexicans were among the 20 killed in the attack on Saturday in the border city, and seven more were wounded.
He said Mexico would ask US officials how the gunman obtained his weapon. The Mexican government would also ask Mexico's attorney general to consider charging the suspect, identified as a 21-year-old Texan, with committing terrorist acts against Mexicans in the United States. "As far as I know, this would be the first case of this type in history," Ebrard said. The Mexican government could even seek to extradite the suspect, he said.

The alleged killer will almost certainly be tried first in a US court. If he is convicted, it's unlikely he would be sent to Mexico to stand trial. But the Mexican legal action could help the country gain more information on the investigation.

• 2Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer and Govi

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Whenever these attacks happen the right likes to instantly blame mental illness. I do not deny that mental illness plays a role, yet the entire world has mentally ill people but does not have anywhere near the number of mass shooters that the US has every year. The very same people who instantly say this is a mental health issue do not support healthcare for all. In fact, they have gone about removing healthcare from all; hypocritical to say the least. No, I think it's nothing but a deflection, a means of turning our heads away from both what incited this particular shooter and turn our eyes away from the NRA, their masters.

If the President wants to say the El Paso shooter was mentally ill, then he should declare himself mentally ill, as well, and step down as it is his words, his constant diatribes against Mexicans as "invaders" that the shooter echoed. Someone might say, "Oh, but he never said to murder them."

A video of Trump laughing at a proposal to 'shoot' migrants is resurfacing after shootings in Texas and Ohio

In the video, Trump is seen smiling and joking after a supporter at the rally yelled that Border Patrol should 'shoot' migrants at the border. The supporter's yell was in response to Trump's question of how to deal with migrants when the US can't use violence.

"Don't forget: We don't let them, and we can't let them, use weapons. We can't," Trump told the crowd. "Other countries do. We can't. I would never do that. But how do you stop these people? You can't."

"Shoot them!" the supporter in the audience shouted. Some in the crowd clapped and cheered, while others grimaced.

Trump can be seen smirking and shaking his head, perhaps as a reaction to the absurdity of the supporter's yell. Trump them joked "That's only in the Panhandle you can get away with this stuff," Trump said. "Only in the Panhandle," referring to the Florida panhandle.

Last edited:

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Whenever these attacks happen the right likes to instantly blame mental illness. I do not deny that mental illness plays a role, yet the entire world has mentally ill people but does not have anywhere near the number of mass shooters that the US has every year. The very same people who instantly say this is a mental health issue do not support healthcare for all. In fact, they have gone about removing healthcare from all; hypocritical to say the least. No, I think it's nothing but a deflection, a means of turning our heads away from both what incited this particular shooter and turn our eyes away from the NRA, their masters.

If the President wants to say the El Paso shooter was mentally ill, then he should declare himself mentally ill, as well, and step down as it is his words, his constant diatribes against Mexicans as "invaders" that the shooter echoed. Someone might say, "Oh, but he never said to murder them."

A video of Trump laughing at a proposal to 'shoot' migrants is resurfacing after shootings in Texas and Ohio
Actually I think that if anyone in the Republican party wants to attribute the aspect of mental illness to the mass shootings then they should be called out on the fact that they don't support health care for everyone. You can't have it both ways. Either pass laws that ban assault weapons and multiple rounds in guns or provide health care for everyone.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Actually I think that if anyone in the Republican party wants to attribute the aspect of mental illness to the mass shootings then they should be called out on the fact that they don't support health care for everyone. You can't have it both ways. Either pass laws that ban assault weapons and multiple rounds in guns or provide health care for everyone.
Or, both. Why not both?

Also, saw this today, so when we see crocodile tears and "thoughts and prayers", this is what I always have in the back of my mind.

Column: Just before a shooter killed 20 in El Paso, the NRA celebrated looser Texas gun laws

When you get 10 pro-2nd Amendment bills to the governor and he signs them all, I would rank it up there with one of the most successful sessions we’ve had.
-TARA MICA, NRA TEXAS LOBBYIST

Every single bill backed by the NRA and passed by the Legislature received the signature of Gov. Greg Abbott.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
They were two videos of a teenage boy with a gun, in a wooded area. He begins by explaining that he "hates blacks" because "they're smelly and they just suck". Then he points out what he says is a box of Jordans, "the favorite shoe of the black man", sitting on the ground nearby, and says "this is what I think of black men" before shooting at the box multiple times.

The second video is of the same person in the same place and seems to have been taken moments later. In it, he says "the (n-word) doesn't seem to have learned his lesson," and so he grabs an AR-15-like rifle with apparently a bump-stock or something and shoots a whole magazine into the shoe box. Then he grabs a shot gun and shoots at it some more, ending with "F___ all black people".

He apparently shared the videos with some friends, but it eventually got around to some schoolmates with actual intelligence who reported it, which resulted in him being expelled from his Catholic high school. They were also reported to police, who arrested him a couple of days later after their investigation found another video he made threatening to shoot up the school for expelling him.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
  • 1Facepalm
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Because it's the Beaverton I thought it was a joke that 17 people were shot in Toronto over the weekend but it's not. 😢

17 people shot during violent weekend in Toronto

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Whenever these attacks happen the right likes to instantly blame mental illness.
Oh, hey, guess what. The usual suspects are now blaming "it's mental illness" on the left.

Also how did that tree get into the cabin of that plane?