Nobody Cares: PRS

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
Since humans don't taxidermy well (plus it probably being illegal) I'm just going to leave myself to medical science.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Or go with the taxidermy under a "horror theme park".

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Re: Dakota's post about strippers at funerals:

My husband said to me that we were getting to that age where we should be planning funerals.

I told him that for my funeral, I wanted everyone to come dressed as zombies and I wanted to be transported to the grave site in the Wienermobile Wienermobile - Wikipedia (I LOVE both Zombies and the Wienermobile)

Now though ... I'm rethinking this thing. Hmmm Strippers, Yeah! What could be better than Strippers, Zombies and the Wienermobile? :cheers:

Wonder if I could hire an airplane to fly over my funeral and draw a giant penis in the sky. That would be the ultimate. It would be just like I'd transported to SL instead of died.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Child accidentally shoots mother at baseball game

The child had been playing in a vintage World War II jeep on display at the stadium as part of a Veterans Appreciation Day, according to the Millington Police Department.

The child found an unsecured handgun inside the vehicle and thought it was a toy. The child picked up the gun and pulled the trigger, firing a round that struck the mother, police said.

Investigators later determined that the unsecured gun belonged to 76-year-old Charles McFarland, who was subsequently charged with reckless endangerment with a deadly weapon. No bond has been set at this time, police said.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
The first paragraph of this article reads:

The Oklahoma man arrested while driving with his dead wife’s body was only wearing his underwear — and apparently positioned the woman’s body upside-down in the passenger seat, police said.
...and I'm done. ^^

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Since humans don't taxidermy well (plus it probably being illegal) I'm just going to leave myself to medical science.
We mummify, if you know how. Me, I just want them to send my body to Antarctica, and thaw me out when they cure whatever I died from.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I've never gotten the thinking on the whole cryonic thing, with people being frozen after they die. I mean....you're dead. It's a little late at that point, isn't it? So you've gotta wait not just until whatever disease killed you is curable, you've gotta wait until somebody cures death. It's not quite as simple as just jump-starting your heart long enough to inject the disease-cure and letting it work until suddenly you're alive and recovering. Especially since terminal diseases tend to ravage your body and organs before finally finishing you off.

So to be realistic, you'd have to be frozen sometime before you died - long enough before that your death wouldn't be like imminent after you were thawed and resuscitated. But if you're not so far along that your death is imminent, how do you really know how much time you have left? You could be trading a couple of good years that you could have enjoyed living, to wait for a train that ultimately don't come. And there's also that freezing a living person is, well, murder, and a permission slip isn't a defense (just ask Armin Meiwes).

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
Or go with the taxidermy under a "horror theme park".
Okay, taxidermy is illegal in the US. But there's plastination, while legal, is hard to find people to do for other than science...

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I've never gotten the thinking on the whole cryonic thing, with people being frozen after they die. I mean....you're dead. It's a little late at that point, isn't it? So you've gotta wait not just until whatever disease killed you is curable, you've gotta wait until somebody cures death.
Well, sure. And all the damage that's done by freezing. Maybe it involves scanning your brain and modelling it in a virtuality, who knows, but miraculous repairs are already an assumed part of the process. Especially for people who just freeze their heads. Really, your objection is like jumping up in a courtroom yelling "Objection" because the guy who was just sentenced for murder got off for jaywalking.