Nobody Cares: PRS

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Pompeo’s announcement of visa restrictions was the first concrete action taken by the US against the ICC since the White House threatened reprisals against the Hague-based body in September.

“I’m announcing a policy of US visa restrictions on those individuals directly responsible for any ICC investigation of US personnel,” he said.

This would include anyone who takes, or has taken, action to request or further an investigation, he told reporters.

“If you’re responsible for the proposed ICC investigation of US personnel in connection with the situation in Afghanistan you should not assume that you still have, or will get, a visa or that you will permitted to enter the United States,” Pompeo added.

The secretary of state said visas could also be withheld from ICC personnel involved in conducting probes of US allies, specifically Israel.

Pompeo said “implementation” of the policy has already begun but he did not provide any details, citing confidentiality surrounding visa applications.

“These visa restrictions will not be the end of our efforts,” Pompeo said. “We’re prepared to take additional steps, including economic sanctions, if the ICC does not change its course.”
US to deny visas for ICC members investigating alleged war crimes

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Of course the USA are against the ICC, because it needs to keep its soldiers motivated. Since the official image is "we are the good guys!", a democracy fighting for freedom, this gives soldiers motivation; hearing that the rest of the world disagrees will not - or reading books by Noam Chomsky.

And since the USA do believe in their exceptionalism in the world as their ideology, this just adds to that point of view: they won't accept anyone above them ruling them.

Last edited:

Arkady Arkright

It works for me. Have you got any extensions turned on that might be blocking it? I've found Privacy Badger breaks a lot of things, to the extent I've had to disable in a lot of sites I regularly visit, including this one. I'm sure other similar apps are equally aggressive.
Noscript and Ghostery on Firefox, but I allowed the specific URL - didn't try Chrome though - what's your browser ?

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Noscript and Ghostery on Firefox, but I allowed the specific URL - didn't try Chrome though - what's your browser ?
Vivaldi, which no one has ever heard of. But I can see the image in Opera, Firefox and Edge, too, so I think it must be one of your add-ons.

Can you see this image (posted in Gyazo)?

Or did you mean the article is blocked? In which case I misunderstood.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
There's an opportunity here for some enterprising drug dealers to offer vaccinations to underage kids.:)

More seriously, my local CVS drug offers vaccinations.

• 1LOL
Reactions: Kaimi Kyomoon

Spirits Rising

Quite Blunt
SL Rez
Joined SLU
08/24/2014
SLU Posts
Vivaldi, which no one has ever heard of. But I can see the image in Opera, Firefox and Edge, too, so I think it must be one of your add-ons.

Can you see this image (posted in Gyazo)?

Or did you mean the article is blocked? In which case I misunderstood.

Oh hey, another Vivaldi user!

Privacy Badger tends to be more than a little aggressive on blocking things .... I had to shut it off here to see the image. Then again, it's rare I have to do that for VVO.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Homeless refugee kid wins New York state chess championship

An 8-year-old Nigerian refugee was just crowned a chess champion in New York’s statewide competition.

Tanitoluwa Adewumi, who lives in a Manhattan homeless shelter with his family, won the kindergartener through third grade category in New York’s chess championship last weekend with an undefeated performance, according to New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof.

Tanitoluwa, known as “Tani,” learned to play chess just one year ago, and now tells the Times that he wants to be “the youngest grandmaster.”

The Adewumis, including Tani, his parents and older brother, reportedly arrived in New York after fleeing Nigeria in 2017 due to fear of terror attacks from the group Boko Haram.

Tani learned chess with his classmates at New York’s P.S. 116, and joined the school’s chess club. The club’s organizer waived the fees for Tani because of his family’s financial situation. Though he started out as the lowest-rated member of the club, he quickly improved and is now bringing his school statewide recognition, according to the newspaper.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Oh hey, another Vivaldi user!

Privacy Badger tends to be more than a little aggressive on blocking things .... I had to shut it off here to see the image. Then again, it's rare I have to do that for VVO.
I use Vivaldi too!

Imagine all three of us meeting on the same forum! ^^