Nobody Cares: PRS

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Far-right thug, self-publicist and grifter Stephen Yaxley-Lennon (alias Tommy Robinson) is suing the Cambridgeshire Police for harassment after an officer ordered him to leave a Cambridge pub and followed him part of the way to the railway station.

The officer concerned has been giving evidence, and it's all very entertaining. What must have stung is the officer's statement that he had no idea who "Tommy Robinson" was, other than a 1980s football hooligan.

Police officer who Tommy Robinson claims ‘harassed’ him ‘did not know who EDL founder was’

And I see someone in the comments made the connection, which I'd never noticed before, between Yaxley-Lennon's pseudonym and the late 70s (and very left-wing) band

• 2Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer and Govi

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
A massive partial Facebook outage that began this afternoon is still ongoing, and also affects other services run by Facebook such as WhatsApp and Instagram. The outage does not affect everyone, but has affected large numbers of users and is global in scope.

It's not yet known what the cause is, but Facebook - having to post information via Twitter, which is just hilarious - has said that it is not DDoS-related.

danielravennest

SLU Posts

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
When I lived in Lubbock my rule of thumb was that I would bike to school as long as the winds were under 25 miles an hour. Biking with that much wind at my back was pretty fun, but riding into sustained headwinds going faster than I was made for a slow trip.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
According to its own announcement, the SPLC has just fired its co-founder over an unspecified "personnel issue":

The SPLC statement continued, "Today we announced a number of immediate, concrete next steps we're taking, including bringing in an outside organization to conduct a comprehensive assessment of our internal climate and workplace practices, to ensure that our talented staff is working in the environment that they deserve - one in which all voices are heard and all staff members are respected."
Dees has been accused of racism in the past (which would make the SPLC a pretty darn strange fit for him honestly) so this may be something along those lines; but I've seen similar language like that above also used in cases where men have engaged in dickery toward female employees, so who knows.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
That link doesn't work in Europe. Was anyone killed ?
It works for me. Have you got any extensions turned on that might be blocking it? I've found Privacy Badger breaks a lot of things, to the extent I've had to disable in a lot of sites I regularly visit, including this one. I'm sure other similar apps are equally aggressive.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
White Britons are twice as likely to hold extremist views as people of Pakistani descent, research has suggested.

The government vowed to fight all forms of radicalisation after academics at Queen Mary University of London warned of an “undue focus on Islamic fundamentalism”.

When asked whether they supported actions including suicide bombings and terror attacks as a “form of political protest” or to “fight injustices”, 15 per cent of white Britons were classed as sympathisers, compared with 8 per cent of Pakistani-origin respondents.

When divided by religion, 18 per cent of Christians and 8 per cent of Muslims were sympathisers, while 59 per cent of Christians and 68 per cent of Muslims condemned the statements.

Professor Kam Bhui CBE said: “British counter-terrorism policy has had an undue focus on Islamic fundamentalism, with white British extremism normally considered as a lesser problem.

“The fact that those who are white British are approximately twice as likely to have extremist sympathies as those of Pakistani heritage will therefore come as a surprise.

“This raises concerns about right-wing extremism and suggests that a focus on tackling Islamic fundamentalism is flawed, and we need to consider extremism more generally.”
White British people 'twice as likely to hold extremist views as people of Pakistani descent'