Nobody Cares: PRS

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
High Schoolers Walked Out to Support a Trans Student, So a Classmate Threatened to Shoot Them (msn.com)

Local news outlet KOIN reports that last week, a student at Kalama High School in Southern Washington state, about 40 miles from Portland, Oregon, assaulted a trans male classmate in a school hallway as students were leaving for the day. The trans student was on the ground, and the assailant repeatedly kicked him with steel-toed boots. The injured student reportedly sought treatment at a hospital and has returned to school.
On Monday, dozens of students walked out in support of their trans classmate and to protest what they say is the school’s inaction in response to homophobia, sexism and, uh, “incidents of Nazi salutes in classrooms and locker rooms.”
It was during the walkout that the student threatened his classmates. The Kalama Police Department wrote on Facebook that a male student told another classmate that he wanted to aim an automatic machine gun at the demonstrators. The witness didn’t see a gun, but still reported the comments to the school. The police said they questioned the suspect and will forward criminal charges to the county prosecutor.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Breaking news: Denmark and Canada are now sharing a border of approx. 1.2 km length!

Hans Island, which was the battle field of the 5 decade spanning Whiskey War has now been partitioned peacefully between the two nations.

BTW if you are curious about what Hans means: Hans is a short form for Johannes. The English variant for Johannes is John.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I'm still on Cricket, I just got an upgrade phone 2 months ago. 😑

But I haven't seen anything about rate hikes yet. I do autopay and my rate hasn't ever changed for years and years, although the amount of data on my plan has like tripled since the day I first got it, which is nice. They also did unlimited data for like that one month that we actually had a lockdown in the US at the start of the pandemic, which was nice too.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
when you get to the bird facts comments

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
If you work in a job that involves public safety, like train operator, pilot, driver, medical, etc., I understand the reason for testing.
I'm ambivalent about this, I have to confess. I realize the privacy implications, but I also see risk factors from not knowing you have drug-using employees.

It's not just public safety, unless you intended an extremely generous definition of that world. As an employer, you really don't want drugged out employees running heavy equipment or working on an assembly line. It increases the risk of accidents that will seriously disrupt production, not to mention injure or outright kill the worker.

There's also the problem that drug-addicted employees will steal anything that's not nailed own in order to support their habit. I speak from experience. One of my co-workers stole my work laptop off my desk and tried sold it off for drug money. (I'm not bitter, not me.)

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
The Mail seem to have carried this story twice on their website on Saturday, and then spiked it, and The Times ran it briefly in their print edition, but not online.

The level of corruption in the present government is breath-taking, though possibly not yet up to Trumpian standards.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
The Mail seem to have carried this story twice on their website on Saturday, and then spiked it, and The Times ran it briefly in their print edition, but not online.

The level of corruption in the present government is breath-taking, though possibly not yet up to Trumpian standards.

Evernote link
The story expanded on claims in a biography of Carrie Johnson by the Tory donor and peer Lord Ashcroft that Johnson had tried to appoint her to a £100,000-a-year government job when he was foreign secretary in 2018.

It said the idea had fallen apart when his closest advisers learned of the idea to hire the Tory press chief, then known as Carrie Symonds, whom he later married. Johnson was then still married to Marina Wheeler, a barrister.

A source with knowledge of the situation told the Guardian this account was correct.
However, a spokesperson for Carrie Johnson was categoric. “These claims are totally untrue,” she said.

Downing Street declined to give an on-the-record response to the story but a No 10 source also said the story was untrue – and suggested it was sexist.

“This is a grubby, discredited story turned down by most reputable media outlets because it isn’t true. The facts speak for themselves.”
Interesting that Downing Street wouldn't give an on-the-record response. Be interesting to see what they have to say tomorrow.

ETA:

• 1Facepalm
Reactions: Govi