Nobody Cares: PRS

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
The other thing this sting does is make shady people wary of *any* phone app. Regardless of how many people they send to jail, that's a bonus.
They'll simply find another way to communicate and do business. It's good their operations are disrupted, but the market and the supply are still there, whatever local and temporary disruptions to the supply chain are from time to time caused by law enforcement.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Coincidence?

🤪
Mr Trump went on to question how ransomware hackers earned money when they launched a cyberattack against a company.

To this, Fox Business Network host Stuart Varney informed the president that Bitcoin was a common payment.

“That’s another beauty,” Mr Trump said. “The currency of this world should be the dollar. And I don’t think we should have all of the Bitcoins of the world out there. I think they should regulate them very, very high.”

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
If he doesn't have Bitcoin stocks, he's got cronies who do.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Very detailed history of the operation:

The idea behind Operation Trojan Shield was concocted over beers between the Australian police and the FBI in 2018, officials have said. Another similar encrypted messaging system, Phantom Secure, had been shut down around that time, creating a new gap in the market.

The FBI then persuaded an unnamed developer who had already begun building an encrypted platform called ANOM to allow them to commandeer the app, and also to introduce it to suspected criminals, according to court documents. In return, the developer, who was facing prison, would receive $120,000, a lighter prison sentence and travel expenses.

Evernote link because why not

Last edited:

Cindy Claveau

SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
If you're anything like me, you thought they couldn't get more stupid. We were wrong.

Gohmert asks if federal agencies can change Earth's or moon's orbits to fight climate change

I understand from what's been testified to the Forest Service and the BLM [Bureau of Land Management], you want very much to work on the issue of climate change," Gohmert said to Eberlien, adding that a past director of NASA had once told him that orbits of the moon and the Earth were changing.

"Is there anything that the National Forest Service, or BLM can do to change the course of the moon's orbit or the Earth's orbit around the sun?" Gohmert asked Eberlien. "Obviously they would have profound effects on our climate."

"I would have to follow up with you on that one, Mr. Gohmert," Eberlien responded.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
If he doesn't have Bitcoin stocks, he's got cronies who do.
Yeah. There's a LOT of right-wing cryptobros out there. They're going to have to awkwardly pretend their guy never said that.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Since Gohmert is a right winger, tell him that since this would affect everyone on Earth, it would have to be a UN project. He'll drop the idea immediately.

A saner, but still last-ditch and requiring international agreement, approach is to use orbital reflectors to block some of the Sun's light from reaching the Earth. 3% might be enough to counteract excessive global warming. This would require 3.85 million km^2 of metallized Kapton film, of the kind commonly used on spacecraft. If launched from Earth you would need 41.4 megatons of the stuff, using 414,000 SpaceX Starship launches.

Since that is a lot of launches, it would be more efficient to mine stuff already in space, like metallic asteroids, for reflector material. That could reduce the launches needed to 4-8,000, which is at least a conceivable number.

It would still likely be easier to paint the world's dark rooftops white, which also reflects sunlight back to the sky, or just stop emitting CO2.

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
If you're anything like me, you thought they couldn't get more stupid. We were wrong.

Gohmert asks if federal agencies can change Earth's or moon's orbits to fight climate change
Even if we had that ability, someone forgot to tell the idiot that if you move one, you would have to move both because without the moon, the earth's axis would destabilize... well... I'm sure you guys know where that's going. And um... heelllloooo... NASA, not the Forestry or Land Management. What kinda drugs is he on?

And yes those were the first silly thoughts that popped up into my head when I read that silliness.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez