Nobody Cares: PRS

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
He started publishing in 1908, I think, and most of the Jeeves and Wooster books were published before WW2.

It would be difficult to replicate the books today, as opposed to dramatising them as comic period pieces.
Well alright then. But I'm still holding out that Aunt Agatha is pure, unrefined evil and I will not accept any post-modern interpretations otherwise.

What were we talking about earlier? I think I've lost the plot.

Last edited:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Well alright then. But I'm still holding out that Aunt Agatha is pure, unrefined evil and I will not accept any post-modern interpretations otherwise.

What were we talking about earlier? I think I've lost the plot.
I'll have Jeeves bring you a glass of Mulliner's Buck-U-Uppo this instant. If anyone can find the plot for you, he can.

Jopsy Pendragon

Magic thrives within Intentionality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
This particular storyline in the Harry Potter books makes my skin crawl. Hermione championing house elves rights is treated as comic relief, and the abuse-loving elves are -- at least to my American eyes -- the worst racist trope about slavery you can imagine. At best, house elves are a parody of manor servants and their devotion to the upper classes
That definitely seemed clear. Considering Dobby basically enters into voluntary enslavement to his 'liberator' because, I guess, his race can't handle autonomy. And how does that work out? He basically trades domestic abuse for a life as a low-level criminal gang member. How on point.

What usually bothers me most about the series is the shameless and unrepentant favoritism constantly on display by "The Good Guys". Such paragons of virtue, what excellent role models. Is it any wonder students in Slytherin go dark? They can't get a fair break unless they resort to less scrupulous methods to create unethical/immoral opportunities for themselves.

• 1LOL
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Santa Claus is still out of trouble, with all his elves working like slaves on the North pole, to make the biggest and most luxurious presents for the billionaires kids?

Should be sorted out soon.
In seven days the daylight gets shorter again and we are heading towards Christmas ......
Christmas is less than 28 weeks away! :freakout:

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
I have a Swedish trans "friend" that's drunk all the alt-right cool-aid. Talking to her gives me a headache, so I avoid it.

She tried to make me watch some JP stuff and I was all "Oh, that anti-trans asshole" and the conversation sorta fizzled.

Last edited:

Jopsy Pendragon

Magic thrives within Intentionality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I worked under a former exec from that company for a while. I forget their name at the moment, but they were the most profoundly useless high-level management I've ever worked for at any company, by a wide margin. And that level of upper management has a -really- low bar to begin with.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
eBay sucks.

/me waits

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Interesting fact about Sweden: Dagen H or "Högertrafikomläggningen", the 3th of September 1967 was the day Sweden officially switched over from left lane to right lane traffic basically over night.

Until this day Sweden had left lane traffic like still in the UK, India, Japan, Australia today. At that day though the whole country switched to right lane traffic. Why?

Because all neighbouring countries had right lane traffic, and over 90% of the cars sold in Sweden the driver seat on the left side it was considered too impractical in the long term not to make that switch back then due do this.

• 2Thanks
Reactions: Ashiri and Isabeau

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Is that where they had this complex interchange at the border to switch which side they drove on, that became completely redundant afterwards?