Arkady Arkright

• 2ROFL
Reactions: Govi and detrius

Jopsy Pendragon

Magic thrives within Intentionality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I didn't think we'd gone so far down the collective rabbit hole of insanity that it wasn't clear it was satire.
Debatable. At this point mocking right-wing madness seems to provoke them into an "oh yeah? Hold my beer..." reaction, followed by them doing something even more ludicrously egregious.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
The American attitude towards extradition always reminds me of this dialogue from Guardians of the Galaxy:

"Your criminal records have also been expunged. However, I have to warn you against breaking any laws in the future."
"Question. What if I see something that I wanna take and it belongs to someone else?"
"Then you will be arrested."
"But what if I want it more than the person who has it?"
"Still illegal."
"That doesn't follow. No, I want it more, sir. Do you understand me? What are you laughing at? What? I can't have a discussion with this gentleman?"
The American attitude is quite simple: Americans should be only judged by American courts, period.

I really doubt that Obama instead of Trump would have extradited her to the UK.

• 2Disagree
Reactions: Lexxi and Govi

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Debatable. At this point mocking right-wing madness seems to provoke them into an "oh yeah? Hold my beer..." reaction, followed by them doing something even more ludicrously egregious.
It's not satire, it's tomorrow's headlines today! :D

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
The American attitude towards extradition always reminds me of this dialogue from Guardians of the Galaxy:

"Your criminal records have also been expunged. However, I have to warn you against breaking any laws in the future."
"Question. What if I see something that I wanna take and it belongs to someone else?"
"Then you will be arrested."
"But what if I want it more than the person who has it?"
"Still illegal."
"That doesn't follow. No, I want it more, sir. Do you understand me? What are you laughing at? What? I can't have a discussion with this gentleman?"
Technically correct: wanting something isn't a crime.

• 1Eye Roll
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Lexxi and Govi

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
The Government changes guidance on lockdown rules, so that people may enter other people's houses in the course of their employment as cleaners, or to perform repairs and maintenance and so on, so long as they maintain social distancing and observe other precautions.

Owen Jones, quite rightly, says that middle-class households who can afford cleaners should be paying them during the lockdown and not expecting them to come to work right now, whatever the government says, and somehow this turns into a fight about him being a sexist and what about working class women with cleaners?

Honestly, I find Owen Jones irritating and self-righteous, too, and somehow only he could manage to get into a fight about this sort of thing, but it's always important to remember that something may be right, even though Owen Jones says it.

(I am fortunate enough to be able to afford a cleaner, whom I am paying throughout the lockdown

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
This is interesting -- people will be familiar with the story, at least, of William Golding's 1954 novel, Lord of the Flies, but it seems that, in 1964, six teenage boys found themselves shipwrecked on a small island in the Pacific for over a year, and the outcome was very different

Years since I read Lord of the Flies, but this thread makes me think I must revisit it -- it really is quite enlightening

• 1Interesting
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Beebo Brink and Ashiri

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Years since I read Lord of the Flies, but this thread makes me think I must revisit it -- it really is quite enlightening
I recall it being one of the books read for English class when I was at high school during the early eighties. That the background to the story was a world at war was not lost on me.

Lady Darnk Juniorette

⚧🎃💀Chaos Agent Forum Lord💀🎃⚧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2012
SLU Posts
The Government changes guidance on lockdown rules, so that people may enter other people's houses in the course of their employment as cleaners, or to perform repairs and maintenance and so on, so long as they maintain social distancing and observe other precautions.

Owen Jones, quite rightly, says that middle-class households who can afford cleaners should be paying them during the lockdown and not expecting them to come to work right now, whatever the government says, and somehow this turns into a fight about him being a sexist and what about working class women with cleaners?

Honestly, I find Owen Jones irritating and self-righteous, too, and somehow only he could manage to get into a fight about this sort of thing, but it's always important to remember that something may be right, even though Owen Jones says it.

(I am fortunate enough to be able to afford a cleaner, whom I am paying throughout the lockdown
I mean it was more about the trans thing but ok.

Also kinda related...

Last edited:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I mean it was more about the trans thing but ok.

Also kinda related...
He's being attacked from all sides.

I suspect there's a game somewhere in right-wing social media to find the most ludicrous fake-woke things for which to attack him.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

The United States would be defeated in a sea war with China and would struggle to stop an invasion of Taiwan, according to a series of “eye-opening” war games by the Pentagon.

American defence sources have told The Times that simulated conflicts conducted by the US concluded that their forces would be overwhelmed. One war game focused on the year 2030, by which time the Chinese navy would operate new attack submarines, aircraft carriers and destroyers.

The analysis also found that Beijing’s accumulation of medium-range ballistic missiles has already made every US base and any American carrier battle group operating in the Indo-Pacific Command region vulnerable to overwhelming strikes. The Pacific island of Guam, a base for American strategic bombers such as the B-2 and B-52, is now considered wholly at risk

SL Rez
SLU Posts
The US had endless trouble with little poor Iraq. They could in no way handle China.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
In Los Angeles yesterday evening some firefighters were trying to put out a blaze at a hash-oil manufacturing company when the building suddenly exploded, setting them and their equipment on fire. It took another hour and couple hundred reinforcements before the building (and some nearby buildings to which the fire had spread) was extinguished. Eleven firefighters had to be taken to the hospital with burns of varying seriousness; all are expected to survive fortunately.