Nobody Cares: PRS

Porsupah Ree

Shy bunny
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Are there words?

Guardian Live: 18:44

Earlier today, the Labour MP, Jess Phillips, discussed the effects of the waves of online abuse she has suffered in recent years. That came as police confirmed they were investigating whether Carl Benjamin – a Ukip European elections candidate who has made comments speculating whether or not he would rape her – has committed an offence.

This evening, she has tweeted this:

Just leaving Westminster and and man ran down the street along side me asking me about why Carl Benjamin shouldn't be able to joke about my rape. Shouting "I pay your wages".

Porsupah Ree

Shy bunny
SL Rez
Joined SLU
So, you might have noticed a recent story run by USA Today, basically blaming people for not having any money, because they're spending it on things like subscription boxes, takeout food, and getting their hair done.

Other outlets picked on the story, and, without any detectable irony:

Porsupah Ree

Shy bunny
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aviation is one of America's most concentrated industries, and workers have steadily lost ground to shareholders and execs, who have enriched themselves with tactics like flying planes to South Americafor maintenance by non-union technicians who do not speak the language that the maintenance manuals are written in.

Delta's workers are part of a unionization drive by the Machinists' Union, and Delta management has responded by pushing out a pair of apps that push an endless stream of deceptive anti-union messages to its workers
Here's one such message, alongside a modified response. =:)

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
Shocker! The GoFundMe Campaign to Build the Wall Is a Bust
Back in December, Washington state Trump supporter Joshua Greene donated a small amount of money to the crowdfunding effort to build a wall along the southern U.S. border. He wasn’t alone. The GoFundMe page to build the wall, to which he’d donated, was a sensation on the right in late 2018 and raised more than $20 million.

Organized by triple-amputee veteran Brian Kolfage, the campaign eventually morphed into a nonprofit called We Build the Wall, which promised to build portions of the wall on private land using the money it raised.

Months later, there’s no evidence that any construction has started, despite claims from Kolfage and his allies that construction would start in April. And now Greene is wondering what ever happened to that wall he was promised his dollars would fund?
Fool me 134 times...