Nobody Cares: PRS

Free

When The Onion asks, I answer.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Liar liar, franchise on fire.

The fast-food industry claims the California minimum wage law is costing jobs. Its numbers are fake
The fast-food industry has been wringing its hands over the devastating impact on its business from California's new minimum wage law for its workers.

Their raw figures certainly seems to bear that out. A full-page ad recently placed in USA Today by the California Business and Industrial Alliance asserted that nearly 10,000 fast-food jobs had been lost in the state since Gov. Gavin Newsom signed the law in September.
Here's something you might want to know about this claim. It's baloney, sliced thick. In fact, from September through January, the period covered by the ad, fast-food employment in California has gone up, as tracked by the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Federal Reserve. The claim that it has fallen represents a flagrant misrepresentation of government employment figures.

Something else the ad doesn't tell you is that after January, fast-food employment continued to rise. As of April, employment in the limited-service restaurant sector that includes fast-food establishments was higher by nearly 7,000 jobs than it was in April 2023, months before Newsom signed the minimum wage bill.

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Now the House Republicans want to challenge it in court.

Other than to modify the audio recordings to make Biden sound like a doddering fool and publicizing it to damage him, what possible reason could they have to so desperately want to get their hands on them?
Literally no reason. They already have the full transcripts. They want the audio so they can use it for campaign ads, that's it.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
This story is a month old but it was the first I heard after driving by my local Sam Ash and seeing the closing sign. As a big music lover I find it sad. They are closing all of their stores. That leaves Guitar Center and a quite small music store as the only physical music stores near here.

• 1Sad
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
That's really weird. Real musical instruments of any kind are not cheap and it's hard for me to imagine someone just buying one sight-unseen over the internet, but I guess a lot of people do that apparently.

I could see maybe like if you're hard brand-loyal and know you only ever want one particular mass-produced model of one particular brand and aren't interested in even trying out something else I suppose.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Essence Lumin
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Tulsi Gabbard is a weird one for sure. She seems to actually go with her beliefs, many misguided and some not.

• 1not-sure
Reactions: Free

Free

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
[Tulsi Gabbard] seems to actually go with her beliefs, many misguided and some not.
So which belief is she going with: the ban on bump stocks she was for back in 2017, or the upholding of second amendment rights she now thinks bump stocks provide?

SL Rez
SLU Posts
So which belief is she going with: the ban on bump stocks she was for back in 2017, or the upholding of second amendment rights she now thinks bump stocks provide?
I would presume the latter since it is current.

She has been one of the most anti war politicians I have read about in the past, something that I can't say about most democrats or republicans. That is very important to me. She has some abhorrent and good notions. There is an extensive article about her on wikipedia. I would have to read more about her to make more conclusions.

Free

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I would presume the latter since it is current.
That's a weird presumption based on little but a time frame. But going with it, it means she was lying or hypocritical or, I don't know, an idiot when she co-sponsored legislation to ban bump stocks. Or she changed her mind? I guess weirder things have happened.

She has been one of the most anti war politicians I have read about
OK. Being antiwar is a decent viewpoint to get behind.

Gabbard considers herself a "dove" on wars involving regime change, and a hawk when it comes to the war on terrorists.

Have you read her views on the Israel-Palestinian conflict? Or her opinion on the students protesting for peace in that "war"?

It seems she considers Palestine a terrorist organization, as I cannot find her providing any level of criticism against Israel's current efforts to root out that population. Perhaps you can?

As for regime change, she has had problems explaining her views on the Russian-Ukraine war, which seems a fairly decent example of a war attempting regime change, wouldn't you say?

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
During the COVID pandemic the Philippines were one of the countries which could get access to Sinovac, the Chinese vaccine, in order to contain it.

The USA were of the opinion that the Philippines should only use American vaccines or none, and therefore ran a covert FUD campaign against Sinovac in the Philippines, putting the health of the country at risk. This is even for America a new low point reached in meddling with the interior of other countries and putting the lives of Non-Americans at risk.

The U.S. military launched a clandestine program amid the COVID crisis to discredit China’s Sinovac inoculation – payback for Beijing’s efforts to blame Washington for the pandemic. One target: the Filipino public. Health experts say the gambit was indefensible and put innocent lives at risk.

At the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, the U.S. military launched a secret campaign to counter what it perceived as China’s growing influence in the Philippines, a nation hit especially hard by the deadly virus.

The clandestine operation has not been previously reported. It aimed to sow doubt about the safety and efficacy of vaccines and other life-saving aid that was being supplied by China, a Reuters investigation found. Through phony internet accounts meant to impersonate Filipinos, the military’s propaganda efforts morphed into an anti-vax campaign. Social media posts decried the quality of face masks, test kits and the first vaccine that would become available in the Philippines – China’s Sinovac inoculation.

Reuters identified at least 300 accounts on X, formerly Twitter, that matched descriptions shared by former U.S. military officials familiar with the Philippines operation. Almost all were created in the summer of 2020 and centered on the slogan #Chinaangvirus – Tagalog for China is the virus.

• 1Dead!
Reactions: Beebo Brink