Nobody Cares: PRS

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
That's gonna really really mess up the electrics.

So just how much does a new wiring harness for an F-35 go for, anyways? Can you get a salvage?
Heh -- I actually had a friend whose husband probably could round one up and in pretty short order, too. Civilian contractor for the Navy -- they hired him after he mustered out because he was a notoriously ... shall we say, "unorthodox" ... supply guy. The truth was, he didn't follow the rules because he was very dyslexic and literally couldn't read the rule book! Who'd have thought that would turn into a career?

He'd spend all day on the phone talking to other Navy folks like him, working deals to swap everything from aircraft electronics to entire jet engines, then work more deals to get the stuff moved around the world to make everything work.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Guy I knew at work about 20 years ago had been piloting a jet over the Gulf when he had to bail out. Had this really amazing set of pictures on his office wall that showed the whole thing... taken by some guy on a yacht in the Gulf. "Here's where I ejected, you can see how the smoke trail breaks right there..."

The plane was lost, literally, it nosed straight into the Everglades and vanished in the muck.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

The mandatory retirement age for judges in the UK is 75.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly

The mandatory retirement age for judges in the UK is 75.
A Colorado lolyer talking about this highlighted:

In a recent episode, Judge Newman indicated that she was not required to comply with a Court rule that requires a judge to circulate votes on opinions within 5 days of receiving a proposed opinion from the judge assigned the opinion. See id. ¶ 22. This rule was unanimously adopted by the Court (including Judge Newman) in March 2018. Judge Newman said that she did not have to comply with his rule because Chief Judge Markey told her she could take 30 days to vote. Id. Chief Judge Markey has been dead for 17 years and has not been a member of the Court for 32 years.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Senator Menendez, from my home state and corrupt to the core.

The breadth of the charges were stunning. The indictment alleged a wide-ranging series of corrupt and dark actions by the senior senator for New Jersey that not only represented hundreds of thousands of dollars in payoffs to him while helping his friends, but even more shockingly that he provided U.S. government information and took other steps to secretly aid the government of Egypt.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I'm skeptical. Erik Prince had a large hand in that operation, recruiting ex-spies so that they could infiltrate liberal organizations using Project Veritas. If the past is any indicator, it's going to pop up under a new name as both Blackwater and Cambridge Analytica have done, sometimes multiple times.

Academi, formerly known as Blackwater, is an American private military contractor founded on December 26, 1996,[2] by former Navy SEAL officer Erik Prince.[3][4] It was renamed Xe Services in 2009, and was again renamed to Academi in 2011, after it was acquired by a group of private investors.[5] In 2014, Academi merged with Triple Canopy to form Constellis Holdings.

On 1 May 2018, Cambridge Analytica and its parent company SCL filed for insolvency proceedings and closed operations.[38][39] Alexander Tayler, a former director for Cambridge Analytica, was appointed director of Emerdata on 28 March 2018.[40] Rebekah Mercer, Jennifer Mercer, Alexander Nix and Johnson Chun Shun Ko [zh], who has links to American businessman Erik Prince, are in leadership positions at Emerdata.

Last edited:

Free

When The Onion asks, I answer.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
More money woes for Rudy.

Giuliani now owes over $230,000 after defaming two Georgia election workers
Rudy Giuliani has failed to pay more than $132,000 in sanctions he faces for failing to respond to parts of a lawsuit from two Georgia election workers, according to a court filing.

In addition, US District Judge Beryl Howell on Friday ordered the former New York mayor to pay an additional $104,000 to Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss, a mother and daughter he defamed, for additional legal fees they’ve incurred because of his failure to respond to parts of their lawsuit.

Free

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
During an interview on the War Room podcast with Steve Bannon on Saturday, Boebert revealed that there had been some Republican infighting over how to fund the government.

"We were called domestic terrorists by members of our own party," Bobert lamented, "simply by wanting reforms in Congress. No one likes the way Congress operates. And so, my colleagues and I took a stand — around 15 — stand to make fundamental historic changes to the way this place operates."

Ho hum, girl. Considering:

In 2021, Boebert suggested that Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) could be mistaken for a terrorist.

It's always OK when they do it.

Free

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
About 10 days late on this news, but:

Voters in Nashville elected a slate of women to city council on Thursday, including Olivia Hill, who is now believed to be the first openly transgender woman elected to public office in Tennessee history.

Hill, a Nashville native, captured more than 37,000 votes in Thursday’s general runoff election according to Ballotpedia, securing one of four open positions on the city council. It’s the first time a trans person has been elected to the body — and according to the LGBTQ+ Victory Fund PAC, the first time any trans candidate has won an election in the state. (Democrat Torrey Harris and Republican Eddie Mannis became Tennessee’s first LGBTQ+ elected officials in 2020, when both won their races for the state legislature.)

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
A herd of sheeps in Greece ate around 100 kg of medical cannabis.
Great story hook, very amusing, but a really twisted emphasis given the underlying story, which is very grim indeed. I guess someone was looking for a way to lighten the mood?

“I don’t know if it’s for laughing or crying,” he told TheNewspaper.gr website. “We had the heatwave, and we lost a lot of production. We had the floods, we lost almost everything. And now this…The herd entered the greenhouse and ate what was left. I don’t know what to say, honestly.”
The flooding has struck a huge blow to livestock and agricultural production not only for the region but for the whole country.

“Large livestock units were lost and unfortunately it is the period of the production process. Rural and country roads were destroyed. Thousands of acres of farmland are under tons of water,” Kokouras added.

Agriculture in Thessaly, the region regarded as the bread-basket of Greece, has been devastated by the recent floods that left 17 people dead.

Αlmost 70 percent of the cotton crop in Thessaly, Greece is estimated to have been damaged. Farmers on the slopes of Mount Pelion, which overlooks the plain of Thessaly, say they face millions of euros in damage to their apple crops from the flooding.

Free

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
No more gerrymandering for you, Alabama Requblicans. Now get to work!

Supreme Court rejects Alabama’s attempt to avoid creating a second Black majority congressional district
The Supreme Court on Tuesday rejected an emergency bid from Alabama, setting the stage for a new congressional map likely to include a second Black majority district to account for the state’s 27% Black population.

The one-line order reflects that the feelings on the court haven’t changed since June when a 5-4 Supreme Court affirmed a lower court that had ordered the state to redraw its seven-seat congressional map to include a second majority-Black district or “something quite close to it.”

The justices’ action will have immediate consequences in Alabama and perhaps nationwide in the 2024 elections. There are currently six Republicans and one Democratic member of Congress from Alabama, but the changing makeup of the districts is likely to mean the state will pick up a new Democratic member of Congress.

Free

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Mike Lindell says MyPillow has been crippled by American Express slashing their credit line: 'We really need everybody's help right now'
MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell said that his company has been crippled by American Express's decision to slash its credit line.

"Steve, we really need everybody's help right now. We have things going on I'm going to let you all know this week," Lindell told fellow Trump ally Steve Bannon on the latter's "War Room" podcast on Monday.
You need our help? Alright, what else can we do to help put you out of business for good?

SL Rez
SLU Posts
We can't comment on specific customer accounts or applications, but I can tell you that American Express does not make customer decisions based on personal views or political affiliations," the spokesperson said.
Bleh. At least they did it.