Nobody Cares: PRS

Kamilah Hauptmann

This Reality Blows
Sep 20, 2018
Cat Country (Can't Stop Here)
Considerate To A Fault, Canada Joins Rest Of Western World In Slowly Imploding

“Bloody decent of them what?” Theresa May said/asked, as per the British tradition of shout-telling. “It really was getting a little bit much, watching the Canadians just lark about with their lovely little economy, progressive agenda, and general lack of millstones around necks tied by selves. Do you think they might vote to intentionally destroy their country? Oh wouldn’t that be just splendid?”

Sid

Not lazy, but in energy saving mode.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Limburg, NL
Women's cycling race forced to stop and wait after it catches up to men's race

Of course the leading cyclist was given a "head start" once the women's race resumed, but at that point the damage to her pacing was irreparable and she quickly fell behind.
It normally takes about 100 km in a pro cycling course to close a 10 minute time gab.
So a 10 minutes head start for the mens race should normally be sufficient. Keeping in mind that the men normally race faster than the women.
Strange that this could happen. I guess a lot of the males were using this race as a trainings practice and were not really involved in the race.

IMHO they rightfully stopped the ladies course.
It is very dangerous to cycle between the followers of that man's race. Right behind such a race drive lots and lots of cars and motorcycles: team leader cars, mechanic cars, cars with spare bikes, doctors car, one or two ambulances, cars from sponsors visiting the race, motorcycles with photographers, radio commentators, etc. It is chaotic in that part of the course.

Next time they better leave a gab of 15 minutes between the two races.

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Ellie and Kaimi Kyomoon

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Oct 12, 2018
San Diego, California
It normally takes about 100 km in a pro cycling course to close a 10 minute time gab.
So a 10 minutes head start for the mens race should normally be sufficient. Keeping in mind that the men normally race faster than the women.
Strange that this could happen. I guess a lot of the males were using this race as a trainings practice and were not really involved in the race.

IMHO they rightfully stopped the ladies course.
It is very dangerous to cycle between the followers of that man's race. Right behind such a race drive lots and lots of cars and motorcycles: team leader cars, mechanic cars, cars with spare bikes, doctors car, one or two ambulances, cars from sponsors visiting the race, motorcycles with photographers, radio commentators, etc. It is chaotic in that part of the course.

Next time they better leave a gab of 15 minutes between the two races.
Anyway it gave her breakaway extra attention so her sponsors should be pleased.

Ashiri

√(-1)
Sep 20, 2018
RL: NZ / EVE: 1DQ1-A & Niarja / SL: Jessie
Q. Does taking ketamine lead to racial hatred? Discuss.
Not in my case. I did feel wonderfully relaxed though.

Anyway, what's the story behind your question?

Sid

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Limburg, NL
Next time start the womens' race first. Let the men stop if they get too close.
Male pro cycling is way more popular than female cycling.
So that's not going to happen if they race exactly the same course on the same day.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Kaimi Kyomoon

Lianne Marten

Cheese Baron
Sep 23, 2018
WA, USA
Male sports everything is way more popular than female sports anything. That's why the US Womens Soccer team kicks so much ass. The US doesn't give a shit about soccer so all the male athletes go for football or basketball or baseball, and the rest of the world loves soccer so their men's teams get all the money and resources.

Even that doesn't guarantee allocation of resources though, as the US Womens Soccer team suing US Soccer for gender discrimination right this moment attests.

Sid

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Limburg, NL
Female soccer is getting more and more attention in Europe the last few years. Not so much their national league games, but the national teams get more air time, sometimes even live match coverage. Matches are played in larger stadiums. Payments get better.
Almost half of the Dutch pro clubs have a women's team (semi professionals) as well.
I think these women teams are at the same level as the highest ranked male amateur leagues (who are in fact semi professionals as well).
There is still a long way to go, but it will get there within a few decades.

Our National Soccer team. European champions and dreaming (and good enough IMHO) to win the World Championship in France this summer.

Last edited:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Great profile of British Labour MP Jess Phillips in The Times which people might enjoy: Jess Phillips: ‘I think I’d be a good prime minister’

ETA:

To quote the article,
Her recent Commons speech on immigration – in which she joked, “I thought I’d met posh people before I came here, but actually I’d just met people who eat olives” – went viral, attracting more than two million hits on YouTube in a couple of days. Having had her first child when she was 22, relied on benefits for years and grown up with a brother who was a heroin addict, she has not had the gilded life of many MPs.
The almost inevitable reaction:

Last edited:

Ellie

Heretical Raccoon Skunk with a Rainbow Pootbeam
Sep 20, 2018
Ring Of Fire
I've been sadly watching news of youths stabbed to death in the UK and horrified that some version of the abandoned SUS policy may be adopted to help deal with it.
Cocaine clichés and London blinkers: yet another knife crime myth-buster
There is no evidence that the level of police stop and search powers has an effect on killings. A College of Policing study of Metropolitan Police boroughs looking at ten years of data from 2004-14 found that stop and search had no effect on the levels of violent crime.