Nobody Cares: PRS

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I can get through Pride and Prejudice. I can do without the rest.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Who could have seen it coming?

Though I think he's channelling Claude Rains in Casablanca here

It is sad to see the PM and his office fall so far below the standards of competence and integrity the country deserves.
ETA

Last edited:

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
An ambulance service employee, that also owns a lawn care service (he's the MASTERVIPCEO in SL terminology), expressed this to me during dinner. Both businesses have multiple openings and have actively contacted former employees and others in town that they know are not working. The shocking answer from most of them, according to him, has been that they're not interested because they still qualify for more tax free aid than they would make while working. I've known the occasional person, through the years, that preferred to work the system rather than work. But I've never believed that was a serious hiring issue before now.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
New York Post Reporter Resigns After Writing False Story About Kamala Harris
The New York Post has edited and republished what was originally a false story by one of its longtime reporters who claimed that copies of a 2019 children’s book written by Vice President Harris were being included in “welcome kits” given to migrant children at a shelter in Long Beach, California.

The reporter who wrote the story said Tuesday that she has resigned from the tabloid after being “ordered” to write the false story which claimed undocumented minors were being welcomed to the United States with copies of a book Harris authored before she became vice president, entitled, “Superheroes Are Everywhere.”

“The Kamala Harris story — an incorrect story I was ordered to write and which I failed to push back hard enough against — was my breaking point,” Laura Italiano tweeted Tuesday afternoon, several hours after the story was temporarily removed.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
An ambulance service employee, that also owns a lawn care service (he's the MASTERVIPCEO in SL terminology), expressed this to me during dinner. Both businesses have multiple openings and have actively contacted former employees and others in town that they know are not working. The shocking answer from most of them, according to him, has been that they're not interested because they still qualify for more tax free aid than they would make while working. I've known the occasional person, through the years, that preferred to work the system rather than work. But I've never believed that was a serious hiring issue before now.
Side effect of not adjusting the minimum wage (which puts upward pressure on all wages as well) for over a decade. Work is worth less every year, while corporations are making serious bank due to tax changes and not paying a fucking living wage.