Nobody Cares: PRS

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I thought that among the duties of people who work at the Internet Research Agency, besides inventing fake news stories, was picking up and promoting actual stories, such as the one to which you linked, about divisive issues in the US (both within and and between the main parties), tying them together with a hashtag they've invented, and using bots to spread them, so that they're picked up by more and more regular folks and go viral, in order to cause division, polarisation and confusion.

So yes, I would certainly imagine there's a great many Russian bots diligently spreading, with the #walkaway hashtag, that story and ones like it.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Zaida Gearbox

I thought that among the duties of people who work at the Internet Research Agency, besides inventing fake news stories, was picking up and promoting actual stories, such as the one to which you linked, about divisive issues in the US (both within and and between the main parties), tying them together with a hashtag they've invented, and using bots to spread them, so that they're picked up by more and more regular folks and go viral, in order to cause division, polarisation and confusion.

So yes, I would certainly imagine there's a great many Russian bots diligently spreading, with the #walkaway hashtag, that story and ones like it.
I got the link from an actual person that I actually know. I'm pretty sure he got it the same way. Right now one of my not-a-bot #walkaway friends and one of my liberal jump on any bandwagon that comes down the pike friends are slugging it out in the comments on my FB. I'm sitting back with my popcorn and enjoying the show.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I got the link from an actual person that I actually know. I'm pretty sure he got it the same way. Right now one of my not-a-bot #walkaway friends and one of my liberal jump on any bandwagon that comes down the pike friends are slugging it out in the comments on my FB. I'm sitting back with my popcorn and enjoying the show.
???

Plenty of real people will share things that turn out to be inaccurate.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts

Grandma Bates

Only mostly banned....
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
Yes
SLU Posts
It would appear that for a time the communications from a number of other countries may have been in the clear to the US and German intelligence agencies. The vector to tricking countries into using faulty encryption was through a "private" company that was actually controlled by US and German intelligence agencies. It throws a new wrinkle into why the US government is so adamant about avoiding Huawei gear. The US and Germany have done unto others and are wary of having it done unto them.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I mean I'm not saying I condone robbery like this, but I'll be darned if this wasn't the smoothest hold-up ever:

Police in Connecticut are trying to identify a man they say got a job at a gas station and proceeded to steal $17,000 worth of merchandise and cash on his first, and only, solo overnight shift before disappearing.

The man also stole his employment folder, which contained his personal information, so the store’s owner does not even know the worker’s name, Hamden police said in a statement Tuesday.

The owner told investigators he used an app on his cellphone to view the store security cameras and noticed that the new employee had left.

The owner went to the store and determined that the worker had stolen lottery tickets, 89 boxes of cigarettes and money worth a total of more than $17,000. The employment file was also missing.
If that was actually planned that way, and not just a spur of the moment thing, it's truly a stroke of criminal genius. Almost amazing that there's just absolutely no identifying info left after the guy swiped his job application. I guess he must've used a burner phone or something?

• 1Interesting
Reactions: Kamilah Hauptmann

Kamilah Hauptmann

A bit of a wanker
SL Rez
Honestly, I think Biden needs to crash and burn. Don't get me wrong - if he somehow wins the nomination, I'll still vote for him in November. But I'll be holding my nose the entire time.
🇨🇦 is so proud of you guys right now. Learning how to hold your nose and vote. :cheer: