Nobody Cares if it's Off Topic

Grandma Bates

Only mostly banned....
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
Yes
SLU Posts
Something like this was posted on one of SLU's previous lives and needs to be a part of every incarnation:

(There are pictures of Gritter Thurnberg within the thread.)

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
What. The. Everloving. Fuck.

Surgeons at Floreasca Hospital in Bucharest used an alcohol-based disinfectant on the woman, 66, before carrying out her operation for pancreatic cancer on 22 December.

But they then used an electric scalpel - which, as it came into contact with the alcohol, set the woman's body alight on the operating table.

She suffered burns to 40% of her body, and died in hospital a week later.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Netflix is a dwarf compared to tech giants like Alphabet, the mother of Google, or Apple.

By the way the "Double Irish, Dutch Sandwich" which made those ludicrously low taxes possible, are over, because profits made in the EU are not taxable for American companies in America any longer.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Netflix is a dwarf compared to tech giants like Alphabet, the mother of Google, or Apple.
Any company making profits over 5 figures and paying nothing back in taxes is a leech. The size of their suckers is not as important.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
By the way the "Double Irish, Dutch Sandwich" which made those ludicrously low taxes possible, are over, because profits made in the EU are not taxable for American companies in America any longer.
I think Google's and their bank's tax lawyers are smarter than the IRS's, because they can pay way more. I suspect they have some other tax avoidance scheme ready to take over.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Found the background!

A Nordwind Airlines Airbus A321-200, registration VQ-BRS performing positioning flight N4-1801 from Moscow Sheremetyevo (Russia) to Antalya (Turkey), was on approach to Antalya's runway 36C at about 07:40L (04:40Z), but touched down hard on the runway (about +2.65G, above limits). The crew initiated a go around. The crew observed attitude and navigation indication problems were observed by the crew, smoke developed in the cockpit. The crew donned their oxygen masks, declared MAYDAY and performed a low approach to runway 36C to have the underside of the aircraft including landing gear inspected for any structural issues. While climbing out after the low approach both main hydraulic systems failed. The crew declared Mayday a second time and performed a visual approach and landing on runway 36C. The aircraft was unable to vacate the runway and stopped, the aircraft was shut down.

A post flight inspection showed both nose gear tyres deflated, the nose gear strut had been pushed through the cabin floor, the fuselage all in the area of the nose gear showed signficant creases.
A "positioning flight" means an airline or carrier is flying a plane from one airport to another simply to move it there, not to carry any passengers or freight.

• 2Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer and Govi

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I guess I really just don't get this...

Yeah that's the official Planters account. Whatever advertising consultant firm they hired told them this would be a great idea. And, it's getting retweeted like crazy and other brands' official twitters are playing right along; so, I guess they knew what they were talking about. And obviously this is the beginning of a long-running "joke" that will eventually go "somewhere" with some reveal or other; I just think it's kind of dumb honestly. But then, I kind of take a cynical and dismissive POV against the whole in-character Brand Twitter Account thing anyway.

Last edited:

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts