Nobody Cares if it's Off Topic

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Should all sites, or at least sites run by businesses and government agencies, be required to follow accessibility guidelines? (Not just a U.S. question.)
Yes, for a lot of different reasons, not just compassion.

First off, U.S. government sites are already required to be accessible. Period. You must reach ALL citizens, that's the very point of government agencies -- to inform all citizens. This requirement applies to vendors who work closely with government, as well.

For businesses, accessibility is an asset. The techniques and approaches that make a site accessible also tend to make it a better site for EVERYONE, not just those with certain physical restrictions or limitations, and they improve mobile responsiveness as well. Having accessible content enlarges your customer base and deepens customer loyalty. Newsflash, there are a lot of people who benefit from accessibility standards: elderly, temporarily handicapped, permanently handicapped, mobile-only users, etc.

Tigar

🥧 Because Pie 🥧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
💨 💨 🥧
SLU Posts

Wasn’t sure where to put this...

I just got hit by this scam. Dunno 🤷‍♂️ how they got my payment info, and I don’t think 🤔 I ever woulda noticed except that I had recently turned off all credit card 💳 payments.

So, prolly anyone who has auto payments goin’ on should double check ‘em.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Eh?

(just watch out for the bloody autoplay video :mad:)

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I think some guys filled their liquor cabinet at home, payed by the taxpayers, way back in 1787.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
The Continental Congress had a budget. This may be why the new Federal Government declined Washington's offer to forego a salary as President if they would just cover his expense account...

• 2Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer and Govi